Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Eircom line?

Options
  • 22-09-2011 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I went to check the mailbox on my home phone today (I'm with Eircom) and I noticed that the voice prompt was different (it was a female voice with an English accent instead of the usual male Irish voice you get with Eircom). It wouldn't accept my voicemail password.

This happened before about a month ago and I wasn't able to send/receive calls, use my voicemail or use broadband. I called up Eircom and they fixed it but they didn't explain to me why it happened. This time I'm able to use broadband, send/receive calls but not able to access voicemail.

It's strange. Are there lines crossing somewhere? If so, how might this have happened?

Thanks in advance.

Killer Pigeon
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 musically challenged

if you dial 19800 the next time it happens it should tell you who your phone service provider is, if it reads back a 5 digit code then you can find out from comreg who is the provider. this code only says who carries your voice traffic not broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If the voicemail box has an English sounding or US sounding accent, i.e. not the standard eircom voice, your line has been moved over to another phone company.

eircom de-brand the voicemail box when the line gets rented out to another company. It's the same mailbox system, just they remove their localisation pack when the line's with another company. I think the idea is that the other companies can record their own prompts if they so wish and eircom is pretty tight on voice-branding.

As was said above, rind 19800 and see who it says your calls are with.

Ring eircom on 1901 and ask them if your calls have been ported to someone else as you did not request that to happen.

It could be an admin error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

Agree with above comments. Most likely your service is now with another provider, possibly BT. Have any reps called to you !. Eircom will let you know if your no longer a customer and who you are with. Please let this site know, to help others when you get to the bottom of it.

Advertisement