Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips For Leaving Cert

Options
  • 22-09-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Any one got any tips for Leaving cert. Currently in 5th Year. Any tips at all would be great such as note taking, revision books and other. And would like some help on how to do well in German.

Tnx :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Just keep on top of everything you're doing this year. Look over what you do in class each night and I can't stress how important doing your homework is! It's a form of revision, our career guidance teacher says it counts towards your study (which I suppose is right). Just don't go mad with study this year, just do your bit and it'll really stand to you next year :) good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

I'm gonna be honest here but procrastination is going to be your biggest enemy throughout 5th and 6th year.

Take some time now to look around for resources on the net for whatever subjects you've picked. Oh and learn how to study effectively.

In 5th year you can relax a bit, but please please PLEASE make sure you UNDERSTAND what is being taught to you. Spend your time understanding the material in the 5th year because in the later part of 6th year you're going to be bogged down with exam papers and exam technique, and you REALLY don't want to be learning and trying to understand stuff by then. If you do this, then future you will be grateful.

Next I'd say is start looking into what you want to do after leaving cert, whether that be college or whatever. This will be an on going process throughout the next two years, so you may as well start now. You might regret it if you don't. Even if you're completely sure about what you want to do, it can't hurt to look.

Lastly, look after your health, both physical and mental. Enjoy your next two years. Make sure to have fun. Get enough sleep. Eat well. Exercise. Talk to someone you can trust about any problems you have. But seriously if you're depressed, anxious, sad, or feeling down about something sort it out. If your quality of life is good then the rest will click into place. smile.gif

Advertisement