Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upvc repair pricing

Options
  • 22-09-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

I rang my upvc window supplier to fix fix two windows which had gearing and handles that were disintegrated. And they told they would come out today and do it and he did the job which took no more then an hour and he told it would be 250 for doing both windows. This pricing seems a bit much too me. Do you agree?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭hohojojo

not really if didn't get a price upfront not really any point in complaining afterwards

it is not the kind of job were you could be told well there could be some extra work that you cannot see the only thing is parts how much did they cost did you get an invioce of parts and labour

i dont mean to sound cheeky

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

hohojojo wrote: »
    not really if didn't get a price upfront not really any point in complaining afterwards

it is not the kind of job were you could be told well there could be some extra work that you cannot see the only thing is parts how much did they cost did you get an invioce of parts and labour

i dont mean to sound cheeky

I was on to the boss when I rang them to come and out and he said it would be around 125 for the two and they would look after us on the price. Which I felt was only right since they fitted 21 windows for us in our home and have gotten over 5 big jobs through our recommendations alone.

They handles cost around €10 online and the gearing are about €20 each also online, these are all I can give as prices regarding price because I haven't received the invoice as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭hohojojo

yeah but online is one thing but you are getting them supplied and fitted for them to go to the wholesaler and pick them up you can add 10-20% and if you got them prices online they probably were from the uk in ireland i would say the parts are probably more expensive just the way it is

and i don't mean this bad but the company may have installed 20 or so windows in your house but really they don't owe anyone any favours as you employed them to do a job and you were happy with the job they did so thats why you recommend them

are you sure the guy that owns the company didn't mean 125 for each window

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

hohojojo wrote: »
    yeah but online is one thing but you are getting them supplied and fitted for them to go to the wholesaler and pick them up you can add 10-20% and if you got them prices online they probably were from the uk in ireland i would say the parts are probably more expensive just the way it is

and i don't mean this bad but the company may have installed 20 or so windows in your house but really they don't owe anyone any favours as you employed them to do a job and you were happy with the job they did so thats why you recommend them

are you sure the guy that owns the company didn't mean 125 for each window

They charge €20 per gearing for the windows if you want to buy one of them I know this as I've already bought them of them before.

I asked him specifically was it 125 for both and he said it was going to be around that price for too.

You say they don't owe me anything I know that but when I get repeat business from clients I tend to look after them as they get me repeat business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

its a crazy price to be honest i would get back onto the boss and ask for at least 100 back

• Advertisement
Advertisement