Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFT Cross Boarder Payment

Options
  • 22-09-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Work are paying for me to do a degree in the uk but i was a late applicant and my course fees were paid by eft today from boi to barclays, question is how long will it take this transfer to complete? As in for the funds to appear in colleges account? It's a business account to a college account if that makes any difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

If it's a standard transfer about 3 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If it was input directly and all the details are correct it could be as little as 30 minutes although how long it would take before the recipient reconciled its account is a different matter. I regularly do these payments across my accounts in the UK and Ireland and to family members and they usually appear same day. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Advertisement