Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Case of Wine?

Options
  • 22-09-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I need help finding a good case of red and white wine in Dublin. It's a gift and I have €200 to spend. Where is best to go?

I'm looking to buy something that's presentable ie in a box etc. I saw O'Briens are offering 12 bottles (6 red and 6 white) for around €140. Are they any good?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I need help finding a good case of red and white wine in Dublin. It's a gift and I have €200 to spend. Where is best to go?

I'm looking to buy something that's presentable ie in a box etc. I saw O'Briens are offering 12 bottles (6 red and 6 white) for around €140. Are they any good?

Without know exactly what O'Bs are offering it's impossible to say but... I'll have my new wine shop open in Dublin next week and can quietly guarentee better value than that. I may be crossing the line here (sorry mods) so I'll say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

If you have a good idea of what the person receiving the gift would like, talk to your local (good) wineshop and they will help you put one together. Alternatively, a well-chosen mixed case like the one below would be a lovely gift for any wine lover (speaking from experience!).

http://www.winesdirect.ie/searchresult.aspx?hideme=Y&Code=INTROTC&Desc=Introductory+Taster+Case%3Cbr%3E%3C%2fbr%3E%0ATwelve+Bottle+Mixed+Case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 O.

Fallon and Byrne has a nice choice, at least for French wine. Didn't buy anything else there and their advices were good.
    Otherwise there is a wine shop in D2 around Camden St but I can't remember neither the name or exact location..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    I'll have my new wine shop open in Dublin next week and can quietly guarentee better value than that.

The Wine Buff on the Triangle in Ranelagh. A good mixed case should be around 150 depending on content.

Advertisement