Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any pubs that sell glutin free beers

Options
  • 21-09-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

does any one know of any pubs that sell glutin free beers,, at this stage sick to the teeth with bulmers cider,
    asked a few pubs about the possibility but they dont seem interested, and then they wonder why people dont go to the pub any more.

one pub i know is charging 5.35 euro for a small 33cl bottle that can be got for 2.40 euro a bottle in offlicence.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

I only know of one in cork. Its very expensive to get anything like a reasonable beer for coeliacs. Estrella Duara i think is the only one out there that would allow a pub to make a margin on. Greenes is extremely hard to get and is very very expensive as its made in very small batches.

Your probably doing the only thing you can in asking your local to get them in, but you will have to pay the premium for it unfortunately. The pub would be paying virtually full retail on it, and most dont have great BB dates

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

mikofo wrote: »
    one pub i know is charging 5.35 euro for a small 33cl bottle that can be got for 2.40 euro a bottle in offlicence.
    That's just how much bottled beer costs in pubs :(

There are better cider alternatives like Aspall's and (in L Mulligan Grocer at least) Double LL.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BeerNut wrote: »
    Double LL.
    I used to think that I didn't like cider until I tried Double LL. Beautiful drink.....and Irish too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I used to think that I didn't like cider until I tried Double LL. Beautiful drink.....and Irish too. :)

Oooh must try that. Aspall's is a great alternative too - have to say though, I did ask in LMulligan's about stocking gluten free and was told I'd have to drink there every night to justify it :) Tempting though it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mikofo wrote: »
    one pub i know is charging 5.35 euro for a small 33cl bottle that can be got for 2.40 euro
    That's just how much bottled beer costs in pubs
    Yeah, its actually cheap when you consider heineken or bud are easily got for €1 and can be charged at €5 or more.

I think I saw a gluten free one on the against the grain menu. They have a facebook page where you could ask http://www.facebook.com/AgainstTheGrainDublin

And they are the type who might get one in if you asked, but I would expect it to be that €5+

Where are you living mikofo?

Theres a coeliac thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056084433
    And I am pretty sure there's a dedicated forum on another site.

• Advertisement

There are two different ones on the Against the Grain menu. I can't remember the names now, but the same bottle is available in Redmond's off-licence in Ranelagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,501 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Cork_girl wrote: »
    There are two different ones on the Against the Grain menu. I can't remember the names now, but the same bottle is available in Redmond's off-licence in Ranelagh.
    Probably the GFA beers, that you see on some of the pub beer-lists (I think the Porterhouse carries them too). Look a bit like this:

.GFA_beer.jpg

Nope I don't think that was it.. but I can't think of what it was called!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Bull and Castle in Christchurch, Dublin have a huge beer menu - check it out here: http://www.fxbrestaurants.com/bullcastle/gastro-pub/menus.html

They have a gluten free Beer and Ale. €6 for 500ml, not sure is it a bottle, pint or what.

• Advertisement

Green's?
    1313323515.jpg

Nope! A different one!

Nope! This one: http://www.hambletonales.co.uk/gfa.htm

Ahh it's the same as the one in the post above. Face palm! The bottle is different though..

Advertisement