Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do ?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

After spending a week in the south of Holland I came home wanting a mountain bike. The trails there were amazing and I had so much fun. I thought I could emulate it by buying a mountain bike here. I bought a rather lower than average bike from Halfords about a month ago and used it to cycle to work. However, I'm not able to actually go mountain biking due to a lack of practical transport and parents who aren't willing to drive to Wicklow or other places to trails.
    Looking back now I should have saved some more and gotten a road bike. My bike is heavy as sh*t and badly put together( by an "expert" not me ). It's really irritating as I wanted to use it for long distance cycling but it isn't really working due to the shear weight of the thing.
    Any ideas as to what I can do ? Ideally I'd sell the bike and invest in a decent road bike but I have a feeling that nobody will be interested in buying it. And I'm only 18, in college with one day a week of work which comes to about 70 euro a week. Of which 20 euro goes into a savings account. Im really annoyed with myself that I didn't have some patients in buying the bike and that I chose something that doesn't do what I thought it would do. Grrrrrr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Shiroki wrote: »
    After spending a week in the south of Holland I came home wanting a mountain bike. The trails there were amazing and I had so much fun. I thought I could emulate it by buying a mountain bike here. I bought a rather lower than average bike from Halfords about a month ago and used it to cycle to work. However, I'm not able to actually go mountain biking due to a lack of practical transport and parents who aren't willing to drive to Wicklow or other places to trails.
    Looking back now I should have saved some more and gotten a road bike. My bike is heavy as sh*t and badly put together( by an "expert" not me ). It's really irritating as I wanted to use it for long distance cycling but it isn't really working due to the shear weight of the thing.
    Any ideas as to what I can do ? Ideally I'd sell the bike and invest in a decent road bike but I have a feeling that nobody will be interested in buying it. And I'm only 18, in college with one day a week of work which comes to about 70 euro a week. Of which 20 euro goes into a savings account. Im really annoyed with myself that I didn't have some patients in buying the bike and that I chose something that doesn't do what I thought it would do. Grrrrrr

Put it up in the adverts forum with pics. Use what you get for a second hand or entry level road bike. Keep saving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shiroki

Any advice as to how much I should be spending and where I should be spending my money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Don't beat yourself up about it. Stick with the mountain bike for now, if nothing else a heavier bike will make you stronger for when you get a road bike. Maybe put slicks on it. At Christmas and next summer when you can get more hours work and save a bit extra you may have more choice.

Advertisement