Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the worst Money Back Special ever?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,621 ✭✭✭✭

Boyles:
    Money Back if your greyhound finishes 3rd in any race
    or that's what I thought it was when I saw it first on the shop screens & posters.
    Read the (very small) T&C's on it after someone said that it wasn't that at all.
    It is actually Money Back if your dog finishes 3rd but only on the place part of each way bets :eek:.
    Who backs a greyhound e/w apart from an outright bet?
    I have never backed a dog e/w and never seen someone in a shop do it I'm sure some people do but it wouldn't be a lot.
    Can't remember the exact max refund but it was small as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Boyles:
    or that's what I thought it was when I saw it first on the shop screens & posters.
    Read the (very small) T&C's on it after someone said that it wasn't that at all.
    It is actually Money Back if your dog finishes 3rd but only on the place part of each way bets :eek:.
    I have never backed a dog e/w and never seen someone in a shop do it I'm sure some people do but it wouldn't be a lot.

Ya I think its a stupid one alright..

Dont back Greyhounds but when I saw the Special I was thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Boyles get their business because they have comfortable seats and bad coffee.

their specials and odds are ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,621 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Some of the moneybacks are okay when their prices are best around but that doesn't happen very often.
    Money Back if losing 1st goalscore scores the 2nd is okay but the prices aren't the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Boyles:

My god that is bad and the feckers wont lay a decent bet either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

They just want people betting on virtual horses and games and roulette.
    There want small punters who will never win, there a sham of a bookmaker to be honest.

• Advertisement

It's amazing Boyles & Ladbrokes both have Roulette going all day and PP don't?
    Boyles also started Virtual Football (VBC which I guess is Virtual Betting Channel?), loads of guys having bets on it in between races yesterday.
    Not much between the virtuals & FOBT's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

boyles also do a lunch time and tea time "special" enhanced odds on a horse but only max of 50! and you dont get the better prices if it drifts, so not much of a special really

you dont get the better prices if it drifts

Yes you do.
    I've had a few of them and if SP is bigger you get SP, they do guaranteed prices.
    If the staff tell you different, get them to ring HQ.

i mean just for the lunch time special,yer one told me "we dont give the better price on those specials" was a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭jacool

I don't like them but to be fair they did have a special in September where they were going e.w. first 3 in all BAGS races. It mightn't seem much but if you fancy a 4/1 shot at least you've a chance of getting your money back if he's bumped etc. I go e.w. on big priced dogs that have a decent best clock time. Three places in a 6 runner race seemed decent enough.
    They also did a footie offer where they would pay you out of you were winning at 90 minutes and injury time goals cost you. Twice in the last 4 weeks that would have been winners for me but I was betting elsewhere for the admittedly better price! I lost one 16/1 and one 18/1 acca which would have been 14/1 and 17/1 winners in Boyles.
    The shops are sterile alright!

• Advertisement

nah dont like them at all,any time you have an enhanced or a "special" bet,guaranteed the cashier will say "thats not the right price" then you have to explain that its enhanced/special even tho you have if written down clearly on the docket,they make you feel like you are chancing your arm.
    Just not a good bookies

i mean just for the lunch time special,yer one told me "we dont give the better price on those specials" was a few weeks ago

They do GP on the lunch time specials.
    Tell her to ring HQ, I've had loads of winners where SP was bigger and got paid at SP, never even had to ask for it.

it was in a shop i wont be in again,ah ill just stick to powers

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gnella

in last few weeks in boyles i have seen VIRTUAL horses,dogs,car racing,cycling,football and one or two more,fake is the new real!!!!!!!

Advertisement