Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

--NISSAN NIGHTMARES--

Options
  • 21-09-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had trouble with a new Nissan Tiida 1.5 diesel? I bought a new one last day of scrappage from a Nissan dealer. It went dead. Took it back 2 days later. Went dead again!

Got the replacement about 5 days later. Had to pick up a friend from Cork airport at midnight that day. Went out at 11pm - yep, you guessed it - dead.

RAC/AA couldn't get it going. Took it back two days later and ok since but NOT confident of Nissan/ Nissan Cars/ Nissan Dealers/ Nissan 'customer service' (non-existant if you exclude outsourced call centre in Cork)/Nissan Reliability.

Should I give up doing the Lotto or has anyone else a story about these motors?:D

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

seanaway wrote: »
    Has anyone else had trouble with a new Nissan Tiida 1.5 diesel? I bought a new one last day of scrappage from a Nissan dealer. It went dead. Took it back 2 days later. Went dead again!

Got the replacement about 5 days later. Had to pick up a friend from Cork airport at midnight that day. Went out at 11pm - yep, you guessed it - dead.

RAC/AA couldn't get it going. Took it back two days later and ok since but NOT confident of Nissan/ Nissan Cars/ Nissan Dealers/ Nissan 'customer service' (non-existant if you exclude outsourced call centre in Cork)/Nissan Reliability.

Should I give up doing the Lotto or has anyone else a story about these motors?:D

J

So the issue has never been sourced ? The car was never run after going "dead"

You didn't have a phone kit by any chance, did you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Hi
    The 1st car ran after but went dead again. I still have the 2nd one.There's a bluetooth kit in the car but I wasn't using it. I got a mumbled excuse about it being a socket draining the battery and a coupleof other ones too. Waiting on Nissan to buzz me today with a clearer answer. Won't hold my breath.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's possible for an aftermarket bluetooth kit, if not installed properly, to drain the battery. Wouldn't explain why it couldn't be jump started though.

Nope. It was a Nissan fitted bluetooth. Not sure they know themselves. Then again it seems like a recurring problem so they probably wouldn't want to go shouting it out.

The first car 1st time was jump started. Towed 2nd time. 2nd Car was towed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

J

To be fair, you've bought what is mostly a Renault rather then a Nissan but either way, this wouldn't be a common issue and certainly should be diagnosed properly before being returned.

Have they tried removing the bluetooth that was fitted to it and see if the problem remains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Bluetooth on those is a standard fully integrated system.

Just finished my call with Nissan. They are going to have the guy at the dealership who fixed the car come back with a detailed report of what was wrong and what they did.

It was a real eye opener to see how the whole car dealership/motor company/franchise thing actually works in practice.

I'll post and let you know what they say. I'd love to know if anyone else has had a similar problem though. Nissan Ireland weren't even made aware by the dealer of the issues I had !

Makes me wonder how many issues there are that dealers just don't report with new cars:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Just so I am clear - they swapped you car after 2 days?

I think it was more like:

day 1 Car went to garage
    day 3 car went to garage again
    day 6 Replacement car
    day 7 Replacement to garage
    Day 8 Replacement car back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,290 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

si_guru wrote: »
    Just so I am clear - they swapped you car after 2 days?

Even at day 6, if you have actually bought the car, I find it hard to believe that they would swap it like that so quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

mickdw wrote: »
    Even at day 6, if you have actually bought the car, I find it hard to believe that they would swap it like that so quickly.

It's just a Tiida: pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap.

Would you have kept a car that failed totally within 5 days of purchase? They weren't left with any real choice - at least not the way I look at business.

I work hard for my money. You want it? Work harder than I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

It's just a Tiida: pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap.

It's "just" a 20 grand asset.

They must have had stock cars.. makes you wonder if they knew it's faults and planned to get it fettled under warranty but only if the owner pointed to the faults... very poor.

My experience of Nissan service has always been good. Souless, but good.

That's what I thought but the 2nd one was brought in form Dublin. The Nissan head office said neither had been fixed under warranty so that was another idea I had ruled out.
    Can't wait to find out what the local guys say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I'd say the issue could be from being laid up waiting to be sold for a long time.

I have to ask before others do but what possessed you to buy a TIIDA if you say you work VERY hard for your money? Better cars are available that do the same job for the same money

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

si_guru wrote: »
    It's "just" a 20 grand asset.

Jesus Christ! €20K! I just assumed they were cheap because they are so... sorry, wrong thread for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Is it possible that all Tiida's have been sitting in compounds for the last 4 years unsold and now their batteries are shagged? Check the tag on the seatbelt and see when the car was actually made. Also, despite the engine being a Renault lump, I'd bet its a Nissan design fault rather than an engine issue....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Has anyone else had trouble with a new Nissan Tiida 1.5 diesel? I bought a new one last day of scrappage from a Nissan dealer.

How could you buy a Tiida? Seriously - Nissan had a fairly decent car in the Almera and then brought out the Tiida - Total madness! - I just can't get over anyone buying / driving a Tiida - Thankfully there are very few on the roads. The Nissan Sales Reps must have shít themselves when they saw them rolling off the transporters. Man they are ugly!

As a matter of interest, what did you "scrap"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

scholar007 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what did you "scrap"?

It doesn't matter.

If people can't stop criticising the OP's choice of car rather than contributing in a positive way to this thread then please don't post at all. It's the OP's choice to buy whatever they want themselves and not to be made an example of by the high horse brigade:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Well said EPM.

Maybe it's just me but getting a replacement within a week seems like pretty good customer service tbh. I know of people who have had problems with other marques within a week or two and the idea of a replacement was seen as laughable by the dealers / manufacturers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

EPM wrote: »
    If people can't stop criticising the OP's choice of car rather than contributing in a positive way to this thread then please don't post at all. It's the OP's choice to buy whatever they want themselves and not to be made an example of by the high horse brigade:rolleyes:

Actually I was genuinely interested in why the OP opted for a TIIDA

Fair comments all. No worries re: questioning my choice of car. It's a fair Q given the circumstances. It's a long story but it was the last two days of scrappage, money became available, only other car I had time to test was a Rio (not for me), I know a few people who have Nissan's and swear by reliability. That's about it. Oh, and I got them down a tad more than scrappage price (yes I checked around).

To be fair, the 2nd car hasn't given me one blip of trouble. Engine is a nice piece of motor (yes, it isn't a Nissan engine :)), it's the right size for us now, and it is in fact a comfortable drive with more space inside than I expected. Economical, 4.8-5.3 litres/100KM. Tax €156

That about sums it up.

J

Advertisement