Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The REAL Western Agenda

Options
  • 21-09-2011 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭

Been doing some thinking about the whole war on terror hoax and the whole Western agenda since the mid-90's.

Now anyone with an IQ above room temperature will know that the attacks and occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq have absolutely nothing to do with global security, fighting "islamo-fascism" (whatever the fück that's supposed to be) or bringing "democracy" and "freedom" to the pestilence-stricken multitudes. It's also easy to put these operations down to securing oil resources or controlling avenues (in the case of Afghanistan) whereby pipelines from the Caspian Basin to the Indian Ocean might be established.

But if you step back a bit and look at your atlas, would I be wrong in thinking that the bigger picture is actually the military encirclement of China?

I've had these suspicions for some time what with the whole Axis of Evil crap, i.e. North Korea/Iran/Iraq. North Korea is to the northeast of China and would be ideal to park some bases there to contain the Middle Kingdom on that front. The campaigns in Afghanistan and Pakistan serve well the purpose of buttressing China's access to the Yaravan oil fields....after all Afghanistan does border China and is a prime candidate to host an oil/gas pipeline directly to Iran. The US is already in bed with that thug in Uzbekistan (yeah, the fücker who boils people alive and has a rotating bronze statue of himself that perpetually faces the sun in the capital's main square....so much for combatting tyranny!).

What copperfastened my hypothesis was this. Today I (guiltily admit) was viewing the CNN website and in the right-hand column there was (among many) an advertisement. This advertisment was of your typical cheesy tourist style ala "Malaysia, Truly Asia"....except it was "Mongolia. Endless Possibilities"
    Now what fücking "endless possibilities" are there in Mongolia? The place is a remote, barren and backward communist dictatorship to the north of China that seems again ideal to plant "business" offices and eventually military installations thus completing the noose around China and containing it.

Sure, Mongolia may have zinc or coal or some other shït ripe for exploitation but it's strategic location in relation to China seems all too convenient for it to be purely another target for Western commerce.

I'm quite adamant that people are taking their shoes off at airports purely to put a ring of steel around the dragon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Now what fücking "endless possibilities" are there in Mongolia? The place is a remote, barren and backward communist dictatorship to the north of China that seems again ideal to plant "business" offices and eventually military installations thus completing the noose around China and containing it.

Mongolia, for the record is democratic republic. Most of it's trade is to China. The main sphere of influence there is probably Russian.

Backpackers have been tripping through there for years, the endless possibilities are probably things like horse riding, walking, staying in a yurt...

Do you live in a Yurt Jackie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

studiorat wrote: »
    Mongolia, for the record is democratic republic. Most of it's trade is to China. The main sphere of influence there is probably Russian.

Backpackers have been tripping through there for years, the endless possibilities are probably things like horse riding, walking, staying in a yurt...

Do you live in a Yurt Jackie?

The sage has spoken yet again. Only this time it's not his economic wisdom he barfs. Backpackers you say. Backpackers also tramp around Iran and Egypt and other places that you probably want bombed to powder by NATO. How do "backpackers" confer some kind of legitimacy upon a nation-state?

And horseback-riding and walking are now the definition of "endless" possibilities?
    I always assumed that endless meant that the list went on and on ad infinitum.

The sage has spoken yet again. Only this time it's not his economic wisdom he barfs. Backpackers you say. Backpackers also tramp around Iran and Egypt and other places that you probably want bombed to powder by NATO. How do "backpackers" confer some kind of legitimacy upon a nation-state?

And horseback-riding and walking are now the definition of "endless" possibilities?
    I always assumed that endless meant that the list went on and on ad infinitum.

Growing tourist industry ya see. They love all that hiking and horse riding an sh1t, Mongolia's famous for horses. Hence the "endless possibilities". It really takes some mind to see an advert for tourism saying "Endless Possibilities" and dove tail it into an imperialist invasion plan.

So how come you are telling us Mongolia is a communist dictatorship?

Mongolia's also famous for it's Yurts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

What copperfastened my hypothesis was this. Today I (guiltily admit) was viewing the CNN website and in the right-hand column there was (among many) an advertisement. This advertisment was of your typical cheesy tourist style ala "Malaysia, Truly Asia"....except it was "Mongolia. Endless Possibilities"

People really should stop leaving the key to their master plans in advertisements.

It's wasn't a good idea when Thomas Cook ran the ill fated "Normandy beaches, an invasion of fun !" campaign in 1944 and it's not a good idea now.

Visit China!

Before China visits you...

• Advertisement

Interesting fact of the day : China borders more countries in the world than any other bar Russia, both border 14 other countries including each other.

Add that to about 9,000 miles of coastline and you begin to see what a stupid idea trying to encircle China would be.

I just don't understand WHY you'd try and encircle china - after all, it would seem to be committing one of the classic blunders.

But even that aside, how can you cage the dragon seeing as said dragon is already free?
    Their economic expansions into Africa, Europe and their well publicised grasp on Americas short and curlies aside as studiorat pointed out it's a hell of a lot of land to cover.

I mean, the tourism slogan silliness aside, it's a pretty interesting theory, but there's some holes that would need to looked at before I could start to take it seriously.

And final fun fact - There is no "rotating bronze statue" of Uzbekistan's current president Islam Karimov or it's prime minister Shavkat Mirziyoyev as far as I can see. Which is a shame, it sounded pretty impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

I just don't understand WHY you'd try and encircle china - after all, it would seem to be committing one of the classic blunders.

But even that aside, how can you cage the dragon seeing as said dragon is already free?
    Their economic expansions into Africa, Europe and their well publicised grasp on Americas short and curlies aside as studiorat pointed out it's a hell of a lot of land to cover.

I mean, the tourism slogan silliness aside, it's a pretty interesting theory, but there's some holes that would need to looked at before I could start to take it seriously.

And final fun fact - There is no "rotating bronze statue" of Uzbekistan's current president Islam Karimov or it's prime minister Shavkat Mirziyoyev as far as I can see. Which is a shame, it sounded pretty impressive.

Well, the Romans tried to encircle many. When they fücked it up and their failures were well documented, nobody seemed to take on board those failures. Not Napoleon, not Wellington, not Bismarck or his imbecile successor Willhelm, not Hitler, not anyone.

As for caging a dragon that is already "free"......haven't you ever heard of cutting off the strength and bloodline of someone or something. China has/had 4000 soldiers guarding oil installations in Sudan. They also have significant oil trade with Venezuela. If the US/NATO smash their way into these places do you honestly think that China will come out and cry foul?

The game that is being played here has nothing to do with ants like you and me. It has to do with (step back and look at your atlas) control. Who gives a shït how many chumps from Alabama get their legs blown off....they would have been flipping burgers for other losers anyway. Who cares? Give their widows a stupid flag, salute and rinse/repeat.

The target is China.

PS.....got it wrong on the rotating statue. Still boils his mates though...yes?

Don't know about the broken bottles up peoples' asses but this is bad enough:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8472316.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Step 1: Tourism advert for Mongolia.
    Step 2: ????
    Step 3: Military encirclement of China.

Step 2 had better be fvcking awesome!

Fact of the day 3 Uzbekistan doesn't actually have a border with China.

Despite this, China is Uzbekistan's largest investor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭storker

Been doing some thinking about the whole war on terror hoax and the whole Western agenda since the mid-90's.

You've been thinking about it since the mid-90's...and that's the best theory you could come up with? :rolleyes: Thinking obviously isn't working for you; maybe you should try just plucking ideas out of thin air.

Wait..what...?

Stork

Well, the Romans tried to encircle many. When they fücked it up and their failures were well documented, nobody seemed to take on board those failures. Not Napoleon, not Wellington, not Bismarck or his imbecile successor Willhelm, not Hitler, not anyone.

The classic blunder is getting involved in a land war in Asia. Or going up against a Sicilian when death is on the line, but the former seems more relevant.
    As for caging a dragon that is already "free"......haven't you ever heard of cutting off the strength and bloodline of someone or something.

You mean cutting the lines of supply - this only really works when there are actual lines of supply to be cut. The "dragon" to continue using this rubbish name, refers much more to chinas industrial might than it's military capacity. How do you propose that this be affected by these actions of encirclement you're purporting?
    China has/had 4000 soldiers guarding oil installations in Sudan. They also have significant oil trade with Venezuela. If the US/NATO smash their way into these places do you honestly think that China will come out and cry foul?

Which would be relevant, except for the fact that Chinese businesses have invested heavily and lucratively in Iraq and afghanistan two places that, as you put it, the US "smashed their way into".
    So, no- I don't think they'd be crying foul.
    The game that is being played here has nothing to do with ants like you and me. It has to do with (step back and look at your atlas) control. Who gives a shït how many chumps from Alabama get their legs blown off....they would have been flipping burgers for other losers anyway. Who cares? Give their widows a stupid flag, salute and rinse/repeat.
    Please, less of this kind of hyperbole.
    The target is China.

I disagree with your reasoning and nigh on everything you wrote, but I cannot discount that there might well be a grain of truth to it.
    I wouldn't discount that people have listed under the benefits column of the Afghanistan invasion or continued tolerance of the Uzbekistan regime "may help to keep tabs on China" but I don't believe that they've been top of the list at any point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

storker wrote: »
    You've been thinking about it since the mid-90's...and that's the best theory you could come up with? :rolleyes: Thinking obviously isn't working for you; maybe you should try just plucking ideas out of thin air.

Wait..what...?

Stork

Do you have any less dopey and unfunny posts than this one to add for our reading pleasure? Let's hope so eh?

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

PS.....got it wrong on the rotating statue. Still boils his mates though...yes?

This is probably what you had in mind Jackie: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11095257

Easy mistake to make - Turkenistan/Uzbekistan; I know just about the square root of FA about either of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Now anyone with an IQ above room temperature will know that the attacks and occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq have absolutely nothing to do with global security, fighting "islamo-fascism" (whatever the fück that's supposed to be) or bringing "democracy" and "freedom" to the pestilence-stricken multitudes. It's also easy to put these operations down to securing oil resources or controlling avenues (in the case of Afghanistan) whereby pipelines from the Caspian Basin to the Indian Ocean might be established.

But if you step back a bit and look at your atlas, would I be wrong in thinking that the bigger picture is actually the military encirclement of China?

I've had these suspicions for some time what with the whole Axis of Evil crap, i.e. North Korea/Iran/Iraq. North Korea is to the northeast of China and would be ideal to park some bases there to contain the Middle Kingdom on that front. The campaigns in Afghanistan and Pakistan serve well the purpose of buttressing China's access to the Yaravan oil fields....after all Afghanistan does border China and is a prime candidate to host an oil/gas pipeline directly to Iran. The US is already in bed with that thug in Uzbekistan (yeah, the fücker who boils people alive and has a rotating bronze statue of himself that perpetually faces the sun in the capital's main square....so much for combatting tyranny!).

Sure, Mongolia may have zinc or coal or some other shït ripe for exploitation but it's strategic location in relation to China seems all too convenient for it to be purely another target for Western commerce.

I'm quite adamant that people are taking their shoes off at airports purely to put a ring of steel around the dragon.

Neither Iraq or Uzbekistan have borders with China, and with Iraq you have to go over 1500 miles and through Iran to get to China's sparsely populated western border. Now it's possible they are trying to get bases close to China to put pressure on them, but locating them in the locations you suggest and with the cost that goes with both wars would hardly be very smart or efficient. Not sure what the Pakistan operation you refer to is.

And I'm sure it would be good for the North Koreans if the Americans or West did rid them Kim Jong Il, it's one of the worst countries in the world to live in.

Of course, you've no mention of China's support of him or the other regimes they support, if you can't get a dig in at the West, the sentence isn't worth typing.

And then you have to wonder what would the need for bases encircling China would be, seen as any significant incursion into Chinese territory would presumably end up with nukes being used, and as mentioned above, does nothing to really stop China's economic power.

The most likely theatre of conflict for China in the near future (assuming for arguments sake something does happen) will take place in the South China Sea, not on it's land borders.

Here is China's real supply line. 80% of it's crude-oil imports come through this way as well as 60% of Japan's and Taiwan's oil too.

One only has to look at China's new naval toys, submarines, "air-craft buster" missiles, to see that they are very aware of this.

Advertisement