Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie In cork

Options
  • 21-09-2011 5:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey, was recently put outa work and am looking for something to do in the mean time... Have access to a beach caster n would like to go that line (as opposed to rivers) and i have been wondering where in Cork is good to go at this time of the year..From Togher and would like to try n keep within hlf hour to an hour max drive...

Also, what kinda gear would i be needing to pick up n all that!!!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Best thing to do is find someone you know that fishes and tag along.

1. You will learn the basics far better than any book.
    2. You will probably get some basic 'freebies' that you need.
    3. You won't destroy the fish \ ecosystem.
    4. Its more fun.

everyone knows someone that fishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 strokle

Ringaskiddy is a good spot and most areas around cork harbour. If you are looking for the gear to be fishing head out to the cork angling centre out at the magic roundabout. They will advise you what gear to pick up and will have heard of spots that are good at the moment. You could probably get gear a bit cheaper in murrays on patrick street but it is hard to park and the place is nearly always jammed. I actually find rigs from aldi/lidl good as well. Don't have to pay big money to catch nice fish. I live just past youghal on the waterford border and has a load of great spots for beach casting and spinning.

Advertisement