Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro; What to do?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I am currently living overseas due to the economic downturn. Basically I have a loan in Ireland for 13,000 euro. I have worked my ass off and finally have the amount to pay it off in one go. My question is what should I do? Should I hold off and see what happens the Euro? Or just pay it off? I can see myself paying it off and next thing with currency collapse doing myself out of a few grand? Advice please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

niamh19841 wrote: »
    I am currently living overseas due to the economic downturn. Basically I have a loan in Ireland for 13,000 euro. I have worked my ass off and finally have the amount to pay it off in one go. My question is what should I do? Should I hold off and see what happens the Euro? Or just pay it off? I can see myself paying it off and next thing with currency collapse doing myself out of a few grand? Advice please

Seriously, you're not a speculator, you're a girl with some debt that you've lived abroad in order to pay off. So just pay it off and have a few drinks to celebrate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

I'd agree with tenchi, just get rid of the debt and start over with a clean slate. Hanging around with debt whilst watching the markets is exactly what has landed millions of people world wide in hot water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Or maybe consider not to pay it at all. The bankers aren't, the developers aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Pay off your debt I would say.

If you're banking on the collapse of the Euro you'll be waiting a long time, not going to happen, just a load of crap being spouted by certain individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DriverMad

Don't pay it. People are not paying loans. offer them half it. See will they take it. Greece won;t be able to pay their debts. Either will Ireland, portugal, italy or spain. It is not sustainable.

There seems to be more respect for people that are not paying their debts.

So my advice is don;t pay. Let the Euro collapse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

This isn't really a politics thread tbh. Maybe more suitable to the Banking/Pension forum.

I'm going to move it there and then the Mods of that forum can decide if it's suitable and unlock it for further comment.

Cheers

DrG

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You owe a debt, you pay the debt.

We'll leave this closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement