Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this CB1000

Options
  • 21-09-2011 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-408627822.htm

It's obviously in New Zealand, which I will be too, soon enough :cool: The dealer is renowned to be honest and the deal's a good 'un. About €2,400 including a new Givi helmet and touring rack. It'll be the equivalent of taxed, tested and warrantied.

I've been watching about 30 or 40 bikes on that site and this is the first one that actually looks like a proper bargain. Someone from Kiwibiker.co.nz is going to call and have a look at it for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Nice bike. I likes them yokes. I be know good on prices though. Just buy it already lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Any idea how it got the bike dent on the RHS of the tank?

Other than that it looks like a nice clean bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

seanybiker wrote: »
    Nice bike. I likes them yokes. I be know good on prices though. Just buy it already lol.

I love nakeds. I can't even bear to part with my GSX1400 here! The next most similar CB1000 is the same year and condition, it's a private sale and the asking price is €2,500 without the dealer services or bits and pieces. I'm happy that if the bike is as described, it is, at very least, priced to sell.
    RosieJoe wrote: »
    Any idea how it got the bike dent on the RHS of the tank? Other than that it looks like a nice clean bike.

Someone from Kiwibiker told me they'd seen it and it looks like a good, clean, honest bike. They hadn't run or ridden it though.

I'm trying to look into removing that dent but in reality, I'd either have to leave it (which I'm not very good at), fix it properly (which could cost a pretty penny with graphics etc) or maybe buy a leather tank cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Alkers

cantdecide wrote: »
    I love nakeds. I can't even bear to part with my GSX1400 here! The next most similar CB1000 is the same year and condition, it's a private sale and the asking price is €2,500 without the dealer services or bits and pieces. I'm happy that if the bike is as described, it is, at very least, priced to sell.

Someone from Kiwibiker told me they'd seen it and it looks like a good, clean, honest bike. They hadn't run or ridden it though.

I'm trying to look into removing that dent but in reality, I'd either have to leave it (which I'm not very good at), fix it properly (which could cost a pretty penny with graphics etc) or maybe buy a leather tank cover.

I got a similar sized dent pulled from a tank and then the tank touched up in Dublin, job was perfect, couldn't tell it from new and it was under €200 iirc, certainly didn't break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

love the cb style bikes, it's a shame about the dent but it doest look like it's been down the road the casing clean and the end can look well.

i'd certainly give it a look when i got there, Happy shopping.

• Advertisement
Advertisement