Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email transfer of money

Options
  • 20-09-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking for advice as to how to email transfer money (to Canada).

I usually transfer money from my bank account in Ireland to a bank account in Canada.

However I have now been requested to send the money via an email transfer. I dont know what this is. A web search shows something called INTERAC may be used by participating institutions in Canada, however Bank of Ireland is not in Canada.

Can this be done? (email transfer) or whats the difference from what I was doing already (Online transfer from one account to the other).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

There is no difference.

No such thing as an "email transfer".

It is an online transfer.

It is most likely just a lack of understanding or shoddy instructions from the person giving you the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Read the 'sticky ' in this forum regarding Paypal .

It may be help :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=583

Sending anything to Canada can be dodgy , unless you know the person concerned , and depending on method you choose .

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭OUTOFSYNC

Thanks for the replies

I am told there is a possibility of transferring money just knowing the email address of the recipient (eventhough I cant figure it out). Anyone any ideas?

Also failing that - whats the best and most economical way of transferring money between Ireland and Canada.

Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

It could be Alertpay or Paypal, but even if you have the email address of the recipient, you would still need to know which payment processor they require you to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

OUTOFSYNC wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies

I am told there is a possibility of transferring money just knowing the email address of the recipient (eventhough I cant figure it out). Anyone any ideas?

Also failing that - whats the best and most economical way of transferring money between Ireland and Canada.

Much appreciated.

You can use Moneybookers to transfer money via an email address.
    If the recipient does not have an MB account, he needs to create one ofcourse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement