Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

curtain hanging hell

Options
  • 20-09-2011 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help before I pull all of my hair out. I have just moved in to a new build house. It has french doors in the bedroom and I am struggling to hang curtains, after making about 8 holes I managed to find the spot where the metal they put in around the door wasn't and put up my pole, great, but by the morning the brackets were hanging out of the walls. I am a complete novice and am thinking that it may be better to pay someone to do it but thought i'd have a go at getting some advice to try once more first.
    I have bought the correct wall plugs for plasterboard but am wondering if I may have drilled holes that were too big. The curtains are big and heavy so that may also be an issue.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,781 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Try asking in our DIY forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement