Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dooradoyle park,what's it like?

Options
  • 20-09-2011 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

I see an apartment there for sale? does anyone know what the area is like?. Also where in general do people feel are the good quality apartments in Limerick?. Are apartments significantly lower maintenance than a house?.

Danke
    F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Had a friend living in the area last year, not sure if it is those exact apartments though, But if so, they are nice and you should have no problems.

Viel glück mit deiner Wohnung suchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

I would say area is fine, have friend living in apt close by, from what i see way too many apartments in area. If i was buying an apartment i would buy one in a small block.

Why not rent one there for a while to make your mind up, house prices are not rising anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Live just down from it in an apartment complex, it seems grand, though I' ve had a few problems with break ins etc. and graffiti inside the block. Would definitely recommend renting one for a year anyway - it will give you a good feel for the place and also you can suss out any dodgy / potentially noisy neighbours who you may not like to live below (peopler can be noisy in apartments - top floor ftw :p) Don't forget if you buy, you will be stuck paying the management fees of €1k or more I think for Dooradoyle park. If you are looking at a 2 bed apartment that is probably 6 or 7 weeks rent.

As a plus, there are often swans living on the lake which is kinda cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Live just down from it in an apartment complex, it seems grand, though I' ve had a few problems with break ins etc. and graffiti inside the block. Would definitely recommend renting one for a year anyway - it will give you a good feel for the place and also you can suss out any dodgy / potentially noisy neighbours who you may not like to live below (peopler can be noisy in apartments - top floor ftw :p) Don't forget if you buy, you will be stuck paying the management fees of €1k or more I think for Dooradoyle park. If you are looking at a 2 bed apartment that is probably 6 or 7 weeks rent.

As a plus, there are often swans living on the lake which is kinda cool :)

that lake attracts lots of midges

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

That area used to be a swamp with all sorts of wild life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

When we were kids - we used to go down there and collect the frogs spawn and bring it into school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

LB6 wrote: »
    When we were kids - we used to go down there and collect the frogs spawn and bring it into school.

I went to St. Pauls school. My class room in 5th and 6th class overlooked it. :)

Advertisement