Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGuinness for president ?

Options
  • 20-09-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Took him at 9/2 after the announcement on friday and powers now have him at 9/4 after todays decision not to back a candidate by fianna fail.

Might be worth jumping on the bandwagon now !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭BQQ

I'd try and lay it off, if i were you.

FF decision doesn't help him. If Norris got nominated it would split the liberal-left vote between himself and Micky D, giving MMcG a better chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Took him at 9/2 after the announcement on friday and powers now have him at 9/4 after todays decision not to back a candidate by fianna fail.

not a chance in hell it will happen people have long memories...... how comes he can stand yet still not have to resign in north cant have best of both worlds... remmber eurovision pp started an almighty gamble on jedward then everyone jumped on bandwagon made millions same thing happening here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭finbarrk

PP were short as they laid him before the announcement at fancy prices. If I were you I would lay him. Too much stuff to come out yet I'd say. Well thats what I think anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 diarmuid mullins

:)hope he wins
    ryaner777 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

He wont get the transfers. Lay it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

He wont get the transfers. Lay it off.

Agreed. Whoever is still in the race between Norris & Higgins will get the bulk of each others transfers & push themclear

9/2 is a poor price & 9/4 a shocking price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

it will be a good thing for mcguinness if norris runs. norris will potentially split the vote between himself and the other candidates as some people still wont vote sinn fein. mcguinness will be relying on a lot of conservatives, republicans and rural voters. i believe he is the most popular candidate at the moment.
    i believe the general consensus to be that people who vote norris will not vote mcguinness if norris fails to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

paky wrote: »
    it will be a good thing for mcguinness if norris runs. norris will potentially split the vote between himself and the other candidates as some people still wont vote sinn fein. mcguinness will be relying on a lot of conservatives, republicans and rural voters. i believe he is the most popular candidate at the moment.
    i believe the general consensus to be that people who vote norris will not vote mcguinness if norris fails to run.

do you think norris will take enough first choice votes of micky d to come anywhere close to mcguinness having a 32% chance of winning? Clearly not imo and its not even close. People who said they support norris at dinner parties/phone polls to show they are openminded/most recogisable to the xfactor crowd will either not vote or when the day comes will take micky or mary over an argumentative flamboyant person who as the international community have come to know him the gay guy who tried to use his power to get some pervert out of jail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

i agree. a lot of norris's support seems to be based around the cities most notably dublin. i come from a pretty rural area in ireland and i get the impression that homosexuality is still mainly a taboo subject here and in other rural parts also. the thought of norris becoming president is a joke to many of those people although i am not as narrow minded as those.
    however i am confident mcguinness will be elected and im just sorry i didnt put 50 quid on him when he was at 33 to 1.

Advertisement