Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to access www.seai.ie but won't let me due to conficker virus?

Options
  • 20-09-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about this? I was able to access it on my phone today but can't via laptop -

Here is what it says when I try to open it -

This site was blocked by OpenDNS in response to the Conficker virus, the Microsoft IE zero-day vulnerability, an equally serious vulnerability, or some other threat.
    If you think this shouldn't be blocked, please email us at contact at opendns.com
    logo_sm.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If you are using OpenDNS as your DNS servers then presumably OpenDNS considers the site to be compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If you are using OpenDNS as your DNS servers then presumably OpenDNS considers the site to be compromised.

I never changed to OpenDNS but for some reason it appears, no other website is affected when I try to access it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Hmmm i just accessed it fine......

Try accessing it via ip > 193.178.1.172

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hmmm i just accessed it fine......

Try accessing it via ip > 193.178.1.172

Tried this and yes I can access it.....why the heck can't I get to it through my normal browser then??:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

vicwatson wrote: »
    Tried this and yes I can access it.....why the heck can't I get to it through my normal browser then??:(

Here is a long shot:

# nslookup www.seai.ie
    Does it match the IP 193.178.1.172 ?

Then look in %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file if your using Windows

or /etc/hosts if using unix/linux and see is there an entry for www.seai.ie. Does it match the IP above is so ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

www.seai.ie and many of the sites on its server are vulnerable to sql injection.

Advertisement