Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile overcharging

Options
  • 20-09-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

I posted this on the 'talk to Steve' thread but felt this warranted its own thread.......

Hi Steve and everyone else,

My emobile bill said I downloaded 860 mb (nearly my months allowance) in 1 minute!!!!!

I know 3g is getting slightly better but 860 megabytes in one minute?????

I'm pretty pissed off at this because I've checked my history for the day in question and all I did was go on daft and facebook........no videos, music or large files were uploaded or downloaded.

I'm currently on to emobile for the last hour (most of which I've spent on hold)

Good news....after and hour and twenty minutes of saying "NO I did not download 860mb in a minute" (more like 4 weeks).. I'm getting a full refund. Just be careful, and watch your data usage. 860mb in one minute is impossible on todays' 3g networks...particularly when I'm only on a 2mb plan with real speeds of 0.5mb......
    AND especially when I was only using facebook!

Please find attached a screen grab of my bill....the day in question was the 23 august. Turned my €25 euro contract into €85

E-mobile rip off.jpg

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

I posted this on the 'talk to Steve' thread but felt this warranted its own thread.......

Hi Steve and everyone else,

My emobile bill said I downloaded 860 mb (nearly my months allowance) in 1 minute!!!!!

I know 3g is getting slightly better but 860 megabytes in one minute?????

I'm pretty pissed off at this because I've checked my history for the day in question and all I did was go on daft and facebook........no videos, music or large files were uploaded or downloaded.

I'm currently on to emobile for the last hour (most of which I've spent on hold)

Good news....after and hour and twenty minutes of saying "NO I did not download 860mb in a minute" (more like 4 weeks).. I'm getting a full refund. Just be careful, and watch your data usage. 860mb in one minute is impossible on todays' 3g networks...particularly when I'm only on a 2mb plan with real speeds of 0.5mb......
    AND especially when I was only using facebook!

Please find attached a screen grab of my bill....the day in question was the 23 august. Turned my €25 euro contract into €85

E-mobile rip off.jpg

Hi Jimaneejebus,

Sorry to hear about that.

I took a look at the attached image and it is certainly unusual to be honest (I've never seen someone download 860 mb in a minute). If anything like this ever crops up in the future please let me know and i'll check it out straight away.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jimaneejeebus

Hi Jimaneejebus,

Sorry to hear about that.

I took a look at the attached image and it is certainly unusual to be honest (I've never seen someone download 860 mb in a minute). If anything like this ever crops up in the future please let me know and i'll check it out straight away.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

Appreciate that Steve. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dylan43120

im on a billpay play for 30per month my last bill 99euro :o

Advertisement