Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Vetoed Maps and why?

Options
  • 20-09-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Which Maps have you vetoed for the ladder? And how come?

Mine are Xel'Naga Caverns, Backwater Gulch and Searing Crater.

-Xel'Naga Caverns: its too hard to defend a third as Zerg, and even if you do somehow manage to miraculous get a third, you can never take the Rich Mineral Position, which both other races can easily take and then turtle for the rest of the game.
    I vetoed it today, the final straw was when I managed to get 3 bases up and running against a protoss, while denying the third on the low ground. He didn't even bother trying to take it again and expanded to the rich one, and he abused the high ground in the middle of the map to take out my ling/roach/infestor army.

-Backwater Gulch: Once again its too hard to defend a third on this map. But the main reason is the little enclave beside your natural. Terran players abuse this so much I just got sick of it. They put a tank, and like five marauders in front of the tank, then a medivac/marines on the high ground, and you can't do anything. You can't get the surround with lings, it only takes 8-9 minutes to get this many units out for terran, and even if you rush to muta, you can just start producing them when the attack begins.

-Searing Crater: WTF was Blizzard f**king drinking when they made this map. There is possibly no way that Zerg can win on this map. Natural can be easily bunker harassed to death because of that stupid wall in front of it, then, if you take the third first, well expect some tanks on the high ground. Protoss will murder you with Collossi on this map, and the low ground high-yield with its massive funnelling choke, that means that FFs, and Tanks, can indefinitely hold off a swarm of anything. I played this map 4-5 times, and after a very annoying cannon contain, I just said F*** this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Just Searing Crater at the moment. While it's great for games vs Zerg because of tank placement, it sucks balls in TvTs if your opponent turtles with lots of tanks. I've played too many 40 minutes TvTs to enjoy it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MekanicWombat

Searing Crater is hideously tough to hold all-ins on in PvZ, two chokes make it hard as **** to hold even with perfect FFs at your natural.

Also a general point, why are most maps catering to us non-Toss? Come on Blizz sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

Searing Crater is hideously tough to hold all-ins on in PvZ, two chokes make it hard as **** to hold even with perfect FFs at your natural.

Also a general point, why are most maps catering to us non-Toss? Come on Blizz sort it out

You kidding me? Antiga Shipyard and Shakurus Plateau both heavily favour Toss. Both have close by thirds and easily defend naturals. As for Searing Crater; wall both chokes (the closest for the larger choke would be from you main ramp to the ledge), and abuse the very Collossi favouring ledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MekanicWombat

Naturals are easy enough to secure, Shakuras is a decent map but I should have prefaced my post with the fact that I'm referring to the newest maps to entire the pool.

Also a lot of it depends on spawn positions, cross and you're fine, close positions and a lot of them are woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I haven't veto'd any!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm vetoed the new maps that aren't Antiga for obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 michaelyou

lost temple all the way

Advertisement