Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progression from Fetac level 5 to college question.

Options
  • 20-09-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All, recently I have become interested in doing a course in applied social studies in Griffith college in Limerick. Everything seems great as this course will allow me progress to UCC next year, But there is one thing I am unsure about: do my leaving cert grades, as opposed to points, still count when looking to enter college with a Fetac level 5 or does the Fetac level 5 allow me entrance into UCC irregardless of grades? Any clarity on this subject would be mighty helpful. thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Hi All, recently I have become interested in doing a course in applied social studies in Griffith college in Limerick. Everything seems great as this course will allow me progress to UCC next year, But there is one thing I am unsure about: do my leaving cert grades, as opposed to points, still count when looking to enter college with a Fetac level 5 or does the Fetac level 5 allow me entrance into UCC irregardless of grades? Any clarity on this subject would be mighty helpful. thanks in advance!

First of all, you'd need to check how many places are available to FETAC students on the Social Science course in UCC. Often only 2 or 3 places are available and competition can be stiff to get them i.e. you'd need all distinctions in your course to be in with a chance.

If you apply through the CAO normally, your LC points will be used to determine entry. If you apply through the CAO using your FETAC results under the Higher Education Links Scheme, your FETAC results will be used. If you do not get a place under HELS, your points will be used and you might get in.

You'll get more information and answers over on the FETAC/PLC forum.

Advertisement