Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

day/time to get fish??

Options
  • 20-09-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

hey, i wonder can anyone help me.
    im finding the selection of fish for sale in donegal town limited and it was suggested to me that i go out to killybegs and pick up some off the fishermen?
    what would be a good day/time to do this?
    anyone know?:confused:
    thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

Hi December,
    Well I think it depends on what kind of fish you are looking for. If it is for something like Herring or Mackeral then I would say that you would be able to get a few fish from the fishermen on the pier. If you are looking for Whitefish like Monkfish or haddock etc... then the chances of getting it from the pier are slimer unless you know the fishermen.

Is the fish van at the back of the Diamond centre in Donegal Town limited in it's selection of fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Firblog

I'm afraid getting some from fishermen is prob gonna be very difficult, they normally have fish sold before they land, and they land at different times day an night.
    Your best bet may be to place an order with the ppl at the fish van mentioned an they'll call ye when they can get their hands on what you're looking for, or contact the wholesalers nearby like starcrest seafoods an see if they'll sell a little to you (or alot if you're a reel fishy :D)

Advertisement