Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actionscript2 and PHP help?

Options
  • 20-09-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I think I'm close to pulling all my hair out over this problem.

I have been working on a website for a friend in flash CS3. This site is simple. It's 3 pages.
    I'm using actionscript2 because it's easy to script the navigation, I dont have to create functions for the buttons etc etc.

The last section on the site is a contact form. Allot of the help to be found through google search is for stand alone flash contact forms placed into a HTML doc. As my site is all flash the only thing helpfull I could find was.
    this

URL http://flash-creations.com/notes/control_contactform.php

For the life of me I cant get my contact form to work, it fails sending every time. The only major difference between my project and the one featured on the above URL is that my contact form is on FRAME 20 and the above is on FRAME 73. ( should'nt make a difference)
    I have tested PHP on the server and its sending from a test.php

I have done 3 builds of the site from scratch in an effort to crack this one but its no good.

There's a problem in the actionscript and I can't chase it down.

I dont fancy having to start the site from scratch and ditching flash.Any help or advice on this would be great and may save me from losing any more hair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Have the flash app post to a php page that'll capture and dump the entire $_POST array into a text file so you can see what's coming in (if anything).
    Could be something simple but unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NARUTOkun

I sorted it out by seperating every thing into its smaller bits. I linked the ocntact button to a another html doc rather than a frame in flash. Just had to settle for using a seperate flash movie for the contact form.

Thanks for your help. I'll revisit the problem again in the future, to come with a better, neater solution.

Advertisement