Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T 20 Champions league on Eurosport

Options
  • 20-09-2011 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

Very enjoyable game today. Kolkata v Auckland. Ebbed and flowed throughout the game. Kolkata started like a train for first 9 overs batting first, then scraped up to 121. The aces looked like they were happy with that but couldn't get the slower bowlers away when they batted. So auckland have a lot to do now to qualify.

Somerset won't trouble the competition too much I don't think, missing 1 to 4 of your regular batting order isn't going to do them any favours.

Great that eurosport are also showing t
    he Sri Lanka/Aus test series too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Well Somerset have shown me how little I know! Beating Auckland, so thats the aces finished.

And now they have beaten Kolkata too so topped the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Great win for Mumbai. Thought RCB had it after Mumbai innings.

Great play from the spinners and of course the brilliant Malinga

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

does anyone not think there is way too much T20 these days?

I call it hit and hope cricket. altough when you see the likes of Gayle in form then it can be a grreat spectacle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Washout wrote: »
    does anyone not think there is way too much T20 these days?

I call it hit and hope cricket. altough when you see the likes of Gayle in form then it can be a grreat spectacle

I'm with you - it can be a good game to watch, but it's way past saturation point right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

English county T20 has definitely hit saturation point. First couple of years, there were excellent crowds. Northants sold out virtually all their home games. Much easier to get a ticket in recent years. Thought there were a few good games in this champions league thing, and Somerset put on a decent show.

I personally wish Gayle failure in every game, regardless of how crap the WI board are, and I am sure they are woeful, the players are far to ready to jump ship for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

am not fond of IPL myself and just cant get into it. 20/20 has reached saturation point but still can be exciting enough like the finals day at Edgbaston. it does give the older players a stage to continue playing at a top level.

Advertisement