Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the best Mortgage Broker / Financial Advisor in Ireland

Options
  • 20-09-2011 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

As the title says, quite simply, I am looking for the best mortgage broker in Ireland. I am looking for the guy/ or gal/ or company that you would say...

"If X can't get you a mortgage, nobody can"

Would help if they were close to Limerick, but location not too important. I would travel anywhere to meet them.

I quite simply have to get a mortgage before Christmas and I would do anything to get it.

The reason I have been unable to get one is my bad credit history. I have had a few late payments in the past, although, for what it's worth, I've never had any debt written off - everything was always paid off.

On the plus side, we have a good joint income (90k+) with my wife's job in particular 300% rock solid (she's a permanent teacher). Also, we are not looking for a huge loan (only 200k) and our Loan to Value Ratio is quite small (only 50%).

I really really need to get a mortgage. I want to give it one last shot before the end of the year. I want to give it my best shot and I want to get the best possible person I can to work with.

So all suggestions of people / companies to work with would be greatly appreciated. I think you might have to pm me as I'm not sure the Mods would want companies named here.

Sincere thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

BnB wrote: »
    As the title says, quite simply, I am looking for the best mortgage broker in Ireland. I am looking for the guy/ or gal/ or company that you would say...

"If X can't get you a mortgage, nobody can"

Would help if they were close to Limerick, but location not too important. I would travel anywhere to meet them.

I quite simply have to get a mortgage before Christmas and I would do anything to get it.

The reason I have been unable to get one is my bad credit history. I have had a few late payments in the past, although, for what it's worth, I've never had any debt written off - everything was always paid off.

On the plus side, we have a good joint income (90k+) with my wife's job in particular 300% rock solid (she's a permanent teacher). Also, we are not looking for a huge loan (only 200k) and our Loan to Value Ratio is quite small (only 50%).

I really really need to get a mortgage. I want to give it one last shot before the end of the year. I want to give it my best shot and I want to get the best possible person I can to work with.

So all suggestions of people / companies to work with would be greatly appreciated. I think you might have to pm me as I'm not sure the Mods would want companies named here.

Sincere thanks in advance

Dont really have advice on a good financial advisor but i would say considering your wife is probably on income circa €40-€45kish (a presumption is all it is based on friends doing same job), your wife may be able to get it on her own merits. your bad history could be making the application for both parties a higher rish than herself on her own.

there is nothing a financial advisor can do about your credit history as its there and its up to the bank to assess your ICB record so a bad history is being looked at more so these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

chris85 wrote: »
    Dont really have advice on a good financial advisor but i would say considering your wife is probably on income circa €40-€45kish (a presumption is all it is based on friends doing same job), your wife may be able to get it on her own merits. your bad history could be making the application for both parties a higher rish than herself on her own.

there is nothing a financial advisor can do about your credit history as its there and its up to the bank to assess your ICB record so a bad history is being looked at more so these days.

I appreciate the reply chris

My wife's salary is about €50k. I have sussed out this route (putting the house in her sole name and she applying for a mortgage on her own) with a few lenders before but they have said they wouldn't do it because it is the family home.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭themoneyguy

Hi,

There shouldn't be an issue if you went down the route of getting a loan assessed on your wife's sole income while allowing the property to rest in joint names of both you and your wife. The only addition is that they would look for a letter of guarantee from you for the loan amount simply to capture your financial interest to eliminate the possibility of you just leaving the partnership leaving your wife with a 200K debt while you are entitled to half the properties value!!
    Your credit history wouldn't be an issue in this regard.

If you want a steer pm me some details and ill give you as much help as I can.

Advertisement