Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing a camelbak bladder

Options
  • 19-09-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I hope someone with experience can help. I bought a Camelbak "Unbottle" in the north last week, but really with the type of walking I do, I'll not need it until I take a trip to the US next year. So while there's plenty of tips online about cleaning and storing your bladder, there's nothing really about storing it unused for 6-9 months.

For the moment, I've put it into a kitchen cupboard, to keep it dry and in a dark place, but should I think about removing the bladder from the insulation and storing it in the freezer like the websites say, or is that overkill if it's never been used.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Overkill - I only use my camelbak during the summer months. By late september its back in the closet where it remains until May. On taking it out before the summer I give it a wash, rinse and maybe use one of those steri-tablets and its back in action. Never noticed any problems and it's not killed me yet.

Advertisement