Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roll on December 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What's happening in December 2012 Brain err.. I mean Brian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

End of restriction at a guess?

31st of October 2012 for me, nearly a year gone already :eek:

Aha!

Shur I had my Blackbird restricted. Why wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

cantdecide wrote: »
    What's happening in December 2012 Brain err.. I mean Brian?

The same thing that happens every 2 years Pinky, another restriction restriction bites the dust :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

That's a woeful ad for a bike, especially when it says at 30 seconds that it's filmed in controlled circumstances. How is driving on the road with other users "controlled"

I actually thought of this vid when I saw the thread title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Alkers

AgileMyth wrote: »
    End of restriction at a guess?

31st of October 2012 for me, nearly a year gone already :eek:

28-09-12 for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Simona1986 wrote: »
    28-09-12 for me!
    So whats on your wishlist?

Mine changes every day! I'll only be 22 so not sure what I'll be able to insure:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Restriction :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Restriction :pac:
    Has to be done. My restriction fell out on mine sadly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

seanybiker wrote: »
    Has to be done. My restriction fell out on mine sadly. :pac:

funnily enough the same thing happened to mine too! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    So whats on your wishlist?

Mine changes every day! I'll only be 22 so not sure what I'll be able to insure:(

Not sure really, only have my SV about 6 months and it's still restricted.
    I have the full power ECU and all but I've never got around to the old one falling out yet :pac:
    That said, I'm back in college now so I'll have a lot more free time to go for spins and with the state the roads are in nowadays...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Simona, the sv unrestricted is not a bad bike at all. I drove mine unrestricted for a bit as an intermediate step to the sv1000. It'll double the power from restricted, but the problem I had then was the front suspension. Upgrading that was cheaper than a new bike at the time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Not sure really, only have my SV about 6 months and it's still restricted.
    I have the full power ECU and all but I've never got around to the old one falling out yet :pac:
    That said, I'm back in college now so I'll have a lot more free time to go for spins and with the state the roads are in nowadays...

I moved from a Hornet 250 upto a K5 SV650s. The SV is a grand oul bike to be fair but I sold it too free up cash and then i bought a Hornet 600. They're alot more fun! Be careful about what you look to get insured on... Im 23 and my restriction is up since March and quinn wouldnt insure me even on things like zx6r's and z750's. Just gonna wait til im 25 and move to adelaide and get me a nice VTR SP2....

Jeez, ye're all babbies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

I moved from a Hornet 250 upto a K5 SV650s. The SV is a grand oul bike to be fair but I sold it too free up cash and then i bought a Hornet 600. They're alot more fun! Be careful about what you look to get insured on... Im 23 and my restriction is up since March and quinn wouldnt insure me even on things like zx6r's and z750's. Just gonna wait til im 25 and move to adelaide and get me a nice VTR SP2....

well ill be 30 so i should be ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

if december is like last year, you may need snow chains :)

Idleater wrote: »
    Simona, the sv unrestricted is not a bad bike at all. I drove mine unrestricted for a bit as an intermediate step to the sv1000. It'll double the power from restricted, but the problem I had then was the front suspension. Upgrading that was cheaper than a new bike at the time for me.

I'm grand so, mines got the front end of an 05 gsxr 750. Was doing nearly 100km a day all summer so needed something with a fairing for the motorway miles which is the main reason I upgraded - as well as quinn getting on my back threatening to cancel my policy if I didn't restrict my Hornet 250, wasn't worth spending €250 to restrict a bike worth €1800 at the time.

Jeez, ye're all babbies :D
    My restriction was 5 years ago. I'm ancient lol, OK not really but compared to some people in here I'm an ould shyte :(:(:(

seanybiker wrote: »
    My restriction was 5 years ago. I'm ancient lol, OK not really but compared to some people in here I'm an ould shyte :(:(:(

Spill the beans, Seany. We won't tell anyone. I'm hitting 30 in November. My restriction expired Aug 2010.

Spill the beans, Seany. We won't tell anyone. I'm hitting 30 in November. My restriction expired Aug 2010.
    Ah your ancient boy. 28 since March. Restriction finished since Feb 08 or was it 07, christ I can't remember

• Advertisement
Advertisement