Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dock Road to Patrickswell avoiding MWay

Options
  • 19-09-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have to head out to Limerick Racecourse but I'm not a confident motorway driver when on my own. And I have absolutely no sense of direction!!

I'll be coming at it from the Dock Road direction.

I've checked it out on google maps and it appears that I drive for about 4 miles or so beyond the turn-off for Van Veens, then reach a roundabout. Take the first left off the roundabout, under/over the motorway, then take the 3rd turn off (one of the three is the feeder from the motorway and can't be gone down) towards the Race Course, then its on my left after a mile or two.

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

yes, that is correct.....once you get to the roundabout just prior to patrickswell village you will take the left there and the new road will be underneath you....carry on then entil you see the main entrance into the race coure...you cant miss it really, it will probably be the only entrance open anyway. take your time on that stretch of road as its quiet bendy. have a safe trip. hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

yip thats it...Patrickswell is signposted on the old route aswell...watch the speed limit...i think its dropped to 80km now..

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Thank you both so much. I really appreciate your help.

Hopefully there won't be reports of a bewildered woman driving around in circles near Patrickswell :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

your welcome:D glad to be of help.....motorways are scary:(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Bicycle wrote: »
    Thank you both so much. I really appreciate your help.

Hopefully there won't be reports of a bewildered woman driving around in circles near Patrickswell :D:D:D

If there is'nt a race meeting or other event on at the racecourse the only entrance open will be the Horsebox entrance, once you cross over the motorway and through the roundabout turn left after about 100 metres, you will see lots of advertising hoardings, travel 100 metres to T junction turn right, and you will be facing the racecourse gates.

• Advertisement
Advertisement