Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie O'Dea for President.

Options
  • 19-09-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

willie_odea_cowen.jpg

From 'fixing' his Constituents grave problems from his throne in the Spotted Dog to representing the Nation from Aras An Uachtarain I hereby nominate Wille O'Dea for President and let no Pub brawls, accusations of High court perjury or tales of pension grabbing etc stand in the irritating little Midgets way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I don't know. He could be good for the country. He might actually have an Agenda for Ireland unlike former presidents who wanted to spend all our money on children in other countries for some reason whilst every so often turning up to open a Job Advice Centre. :rolleyes:

Although many foreign dignitaries wouldn't be able to understand him and he strikes me as the kind of guy who could easily just start doing an Irish jig on the spot with his presidential staff shouting and clapping "gowan willie". :D

We'd be safer with Martin McGuinness. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I like it. We could then rebrand his strip of the dock road as "The Presidential Walkway" and it will bring €10million to the city :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

If I might expand a little on that gllobag, "The Presidential Walk" in itself could become something of a fitness fad should the little rodent make it as Commander-in-Chief.

Seriously though, he could do it.

All he has to do is promise to get everyone who needs to see a consultant an "ippointmint", pensioners will have their health benefit cards delivered, council workers all over the country will be repairing broken doors and windows on Prizidinshill Order, while mothers and partners of career criminals may also benefit as Willies' wonderful record of early releases for promised votes goes nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

gloobag wrote: »
    I like it. We could then rebrand his strip of the dock road as "The Presidential Walkway".....

....as long as it turns from the Dock Road to head towards the end of a pier and a long plank

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Would not surprise me in the least as even that fruit loop Dana has just thrown her hat in the ring too. This election is a farce. Do we really need the expense of a president given the state of the countries finances and the selection of candidates?

Anyway rant over, this is heading towards a political debate which probably belongs in the Political forum or After Hours. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement