Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions needed for which charity shop to donate to?

Options
  • 19-09-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭

Folks a little help on this please?
    I'm after clearing out my late wifes wardrobe....
    Took me a long long time to build up to doing it :( and now I have a fairly substantial pile of young ladies clothes that I'd rather donate than dump.
    Ideally if someone can recommend a charity where I can drop these too....
    Preferably one where I can park near.....
    I'd appreciate it greatly, thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sorry to hear of your loss.

In terms of charity shops the one I use the most in terms if donating to would be the Limerick Animal Welfare store. They take clothes, dvds, cds, books etc etc.

They have stores on Parnell street and Roches street where items can be dropped in.

It goes towards a great local cause

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Sorry for your loss - That must be so tough and emotionally very painful.

- As for who to donate to, did your Wife have any leanings that might influence this and help you decide?, ie. was she an animal lover etc. Limerick Animal welfare is on Parnell St where double parking is expected!

Best of luck anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks lads...
    Just dropped the stuff to L.A.W......hopefully it will bring them a few quid especially considering the amount of new with tags and designer stuff.
    Thanks for the condolences too....its been 4 and a half years since she passed away and its only now that I could face packing the stuff away....
    It was my safety blanket for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'm very sorry for your loss, Its not easy to do.

I'd recommend Limerick Animal Welfare, Claire Kirby is in charge of the store on Roches St. if you drop them into her, she could really do with them I'm sure! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sorry for your loss, my eyes watered up as I read this thread, it's something I hope I never have to do with my partner's clothes.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Sorry to hear about your wife OP. Sorting out her clothes must have been very hard for you. Was really nice of you to think of others after your own loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

banie01,

Sorry to read your thread and condolences on your loss.

Best wishes for the future.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

banie01 wrote: »
    Thanks lads...
    Just dropped the stuff to L.A.W......hopefully it will bring them a few quid especially considering the amount of new with tags and designer stuff.
    Thanks for the condolences too....its been 4 and a half years since she passed away and its only now that I could face packing the stuff away....
    It was my safety blanket for a long time.

Good choice. Fair play Banie. The final clear out is a heart breaker. Sorry for your loss.

Advertisement