Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thich Nhat Hanh Visit April 2012

Options
  • 19-09-2011 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

http://mindfulness-ireland.org/Thich_Nhat_Hanh_2012.html

From the site above:
    Mindfulness Ireland
    is delighted to announce that
    Zen Master
    Thich Nhat Hanh
    Visits Ireland 2012
    Public Talk in Dublin 11 April, 2012 and 3-Day Mindfulness Retreat 12 – 15 April, 2012. Venue to be confirmed

“The practice of mindfulness can help us bring peace, joy, and release both to ourselves and to our family and friends as well. Those who practice mindful living will inevitably transform themselves and their way of life. They will live a more simple life and will have more time to enjoy themselves, their friends, and their natural environment. They will have more time to offer joy to others and
    to alleviate their suffering.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I have read a lot of his books and find them very beneficial to my well being. The link no longer seems to be working. I would be grateful if anyone has any more details if they could post them.

When I am posting replies on boards, I am posting replies on boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

All information on the Mindfulness Ireland website and tickets on sale. I have mine already!

I wouldn't be one to go to these big events usually, but, if he is anything like what comes out through his books, Thich Nhat Hanh is really special. His books are full of useful tips and wisdom! I look forward to seeing him in person.

Breathe, you are online...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Anyone able to give any reports on how the talk in Dublin went or the retreat??

There's a walking meditation tomorrow in Belfast that was added to the schedule, which my friends and I are gonna go to. Can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

girl2 wrote: »
    Anyone able to give any reports on how the talk in Dublin went or the retreat??

There's a walking meditation tomorrow in Belfast that was added to the schedule, which my friends and I are gonna go to. Can't wait!!

Here's the talk.

Advertisement