Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still received 2 weeks of JA at the start of college

Options
  • 19-09-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey all,

I recently started college, and have been getting Jobseekers Allowance since Nov. last year. I was accepted a grant, but won't be given any of it until the very end of October. As the Jobseekers is literally the only money I have, I collected the last two weeks. Will i get in trouble with them for doing this? I'd be pretty angry if so, because that 200 euro has to do me until the end of oct, and its quite obvious it wont even last me into next week, with buses and everything. Anyone have any advice/info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Paula_K

Sally090 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I recently started college, and have been getting Jobseekers Allowance since Nov. last year. I was accepted a grant, but won't be given any of it until the very end of October. As the Jobseekers is literally the only money I have, I collected the last two weeks. Will i get in trouble with them for doing this? I'd be pretty angry if so, because that 200 euro has to do me until the end of oct, and its quite obvious it wont even last me into next week, with buses and everything. Anyone have any advice/info?

I have heard of alot of people being payed when they're not supposed to and each person has had to pay it back. Might not happen to you but it is benefit fraud so you can be held responsible for withdrawing it and spending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sally090

I honestly don't mind paying it back when I actually have money.. I don't know how they can expect us to live off nothing for two months however.
    Thanks for your advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Paula_K

Sally090 wrote: »
    I honestly don't mind paying it back when I actually have money.. I don't know how they can expect us to live off nothing for two months however.
    Thanks for your advice :)

Ah I know yeah, it's so thick. Why can't they just start paying students in September, it's really not that difficult! Good luck anyways! :)

Advertisement