Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catching up on Gears of War 2

Options
  • 18-09-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I got myself a 360 again last week after trading my original one in 3 years ago. I thought I'd play through Gears of War 2 before number 3 comes out next week. I'm not too far into it yet but I'm enjoying it. I haven't played a Gears game in a long time but just slipped back into it. Jumping in and out of cover, it's like I've never been away.

I went online for a few minutes and got destroyed. Naturally. I guess everyone on Live has had 3 years to hone their skills. Anyway if anyone is playing through the campaign before the next game and wants to do some co-op send me a friend request.

Gamertag - The40Watt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I was playing it yesterday too.

Up as far as the Fish on Insane difficulty now, its been tough in parts I must admit.

My Copy of 3 could arrive today, other wise I will be back on playing 2 again this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ah damn..I only bought it on saturday just to refresh my memory of it...at least 3 is out tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Whats happening man

I would but my disc has been scratched to death for weeks. It will no longer start up. Anyways Gears 3 is out tomo, so not too bothered now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bit late to the party with this particular series. Finished Gears 1 last week and 2 arrived in the post this morning so I'll give it a run through before I pick up 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm actually playing through the first one right now. It still stands up as a decent shooter, albeit the cover controls can be very fickle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

ive been smashing heads in gears 2 for the past few weeks. Im not counting on it being a good skill base for 3 though, the new one shot type weapons will cure any gnasher skill freaks :(

Although Im actually really looking forward to getting my ass handed to me. Its about time the game had a close in the skill gap. I felt sorry for people sometimes because I know they'd be likely to just give up playing if they couldn't get some of the tricks down!

Anyone who wants to add me for Gears 2/3, and defo including a clan or a group for co-op campaign/horde mode in G3, then add my tag: Blastedglute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just spent the last half an hour playing one of the least fun levels I've experienced in many years. Trying to drive a tank around an icy mountain in GoW2.

I can't believe developers think these driving sections are fun in action games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I just spent the last half an hour playing one of the least fun levels I've experienced in many years. Trying to drive a tank around an icy mountain in GoW2.

I can't believe developers think these driving sections are fun in action games.

You've obviously never played the Halo library level then with the flood...good god above ...I loved Halo but that chapter sucked 10,000 donkey's balls

Advertisement