Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is better?

Options
  • 18-09-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I won a paysafecard voucher in a raffle and I'm gonna spend it on a new STEAM game so I had a look and two would be cool to have and I can't decide since I can only afford one of them at the moment...

So the first is Dead Island, which is already out (advantage?)
    And the second is Skyrim which I am sure will be hell of a game...

Which would you get? Argl...
    #firstworldproblems :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Skyrim isn't out for another while yet. can't really vouch for Dead Island, just couldn't get into it.
    Deus Ex on the other hand is the best game i've played this year, could hardly put the game down, which is really rare for me these days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'd wait for Skyrim, Dead Island looks woeful and anything I've seen of it looks 10 years out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Deus Ex was my GOTY until I played Dead Island. Completely addicted to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dead island 17 quid on g2play and deus ex 26

get both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Dead Island is one of the buggiest games I've encountered. Granted Bethesda don't have the best track record for smooth running games but I would go with Skyrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Dead Island is one of the buggiest games I've encountered. Granted Bethesda don't have the best track record for smooth running games but I would go with Skyrim.

Nearing the end of it now and haven't come across anything game breaking or even what I'd consider a big bug. Its a little rough around the edges and I've spotted a few odd things going on. But I really enjoyed playing through it and would completely recommend it for £17. Lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Nearing the end of it now and haven't come across anything game breaking or even what I'd consider a big bug. Its a little rough around the edges and I've spotted a few odd things going on. But I really enjoyed playing through it and would completely recommend it for £17. Lots of fun.
    He was talking about Bethesda games not Dead Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Silverfish wrote: »
    I'd wait for Skyrim, Dead Island looks woeful and anything I've seen of it looks 10 years out of date.
    Have you played it??

I never get the mentality of people to comment on games they've not sunk a few hours into.

FF13 looks fecking amazing, tis a terrible game though.

Dead Island may not look the best but it's a cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Dead Island is anything but woeful.

Depends on you, OP. I'll be getting Skyrim, and I'm sure it'll be great, but I always felt Oblivion was a bit overrated. Dead Island is really good fun, especially coop.

Have you played it??

I never get the mentality of people to comment on games they've not sunk a few hours into.

No I haven't, but the OP asked what would you do, and I answered. I've watched enough demos of it to know that I probably won't enjoy it from the get-go, and if I have to sink several hours into it before I can comment on what I'd do, then I'd have to wait for Skyrim to be out before replying.

I might give it a go when I've gotten through everything else, but it's nowhere near top of my list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

No I haven't, but the OP asked what would you do, and I answered. I've watched enough demos of it to know that I probably won't enjoy it from the get-go, and if I have to sink several hours into it before I can comment on what I'd do, then I'd have to wait for Skyrim to be out before replying.

I might give it a go when I've gotten through everything else, but it's nowhere near top of my list.

your missing out. watching demo's and reading the reviews scared me away from it, but i decided to get a "patched" copy...

it blew my mind and a day later i bought the game.
    i reckon ive spent 60+ hours on it and im not bored at all with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

But you would of played oblivion or morrowind, you couldn't of played a previous incarnation of DI. Honestly when it comes down in price I'd advise you to pick it up, seriously enjoyable, especially with friends

But I don't have any friends :(

Yeah I'll give it a whirl eventually, I'm always up for more zombies, but I still think Skyrim , while not a fair comparison, looks a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

...Yeah I'll give it a whirl eventually, I'm always up for more zombies...
    Hell yeah, everything's better with zombies! :D
    kickarykee, what kind of raffle was that? why have I missed it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Oh wow, quite the response, haha.
    Ok, so the general opinion is that ther is no general opinion, great, haha :D

@g2play:
    Do they accept paysafecards?
    Cause that's the money I got, no cash ^^

I've tried Dead Island and loved it, but Skyrim is gonna be awesome for sure, argl...
    Maybe I'll get Dead Island now and just hope I'll have the money to get Skyrim by the time it comes out...?
    not sure what to do, geeeeezzz, haha

Thanks for your replies btw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

check with their homepage. that's what I do when I'm not sure if I can use paysafecard with a certain game or online service. they have a very convenient search engine :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

a game now is better than a game in 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Haha, you're right, buddy ;D
    Well, I guess I'll just get Dead Island and hope I'll have enough money then...

oh and thanks, ThunderApple! :)

Advertisement