Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub/Club fatigue

Options
  • 18-09-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

I am at the point in my life where the thought of spending every weekend in a pub is something of a nightmare. I was never a big drinker but on the rare occasions I do go to pubs (never clubs) I find it pretty embarrassing.

I know I dont have to go to them, and I know a lot of people have a great laugh there, but have you ever just looked around and thought to yourself, "this really sucks"? Its like a moment of clarity, where you see things for what they are, a mess.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I am at the point in my life where the thought of spending every weekend in a pub is something of a nightmare. I was never a big drinker but on the rare occasions I do go to pubs (never clubs) I find it pretty embarrassing.

It's known as being old.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I found how good the pub is, is usually dependant on the people you are there with. Stop hanging around with boring losers and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

And you go and you stand on your own,
    and you leave on your own,
    and you go home, and you cry and you want to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I know I dont have to go to them, and I know a lot of people have a great laugh there, but have you ever just looked around and thought to yourself, "this really sucks"? Its like a moment of clarity, where you see things for what they are, a mess.

I hear what you're saying but almighty cushion has some good advice. Take a look at the people you're with. Also, have a look around for a different bar; you might be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Dolorous wrote: »
    And you go and you stand on your own,
    and you leave on your own,
    and you go home, and you cry and you want to die.

Not really, more like, go with friends, look at drunk idiots, want to leave but have to stay, THEN you go home, and you cry and you want to die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

stovelid wrote: »
    It's known as being old.
    If you feel too old, you're doing it wrong :P
    I found how good the pub is, is usually dependant on the people you are there with. Stop hanging around with boring losers and you'll be fine.
    +1 Going to the pub with good friends makes a big difference!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Not really, more like, go with friends, look at drunk idiots, want to leave but have to stay, THEN you go home, and you cry and you want to die

You should try. Go with friends, find some hot drunken idiot, leave and do things to her that when she sobers up will make her cry and want to die. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

So you go somewhere you don't want to be and complain on the internet about it. Hmmm....I zink see ze problem....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Yes, but the pub and a night club are entirely different propositions - I can't fcuking stick night clubs, and I get so bored with the whole "it's friday, we have to go the the pub". The lack of imagination of most people really gets to me.

Edit: But that said, I have had a girlfriend for nearly six years, so I don't need a nightclub... perhaps if that changed I'd see it as a necessary evil...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Hmmm....I zink see ze problem....
    You can't say 'th'? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement