Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP

Options
  • 18-09-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Anyone doing/done LCVP? I need to get a distinction as I need the 70 points. How possible is it to get a distinction? :confused::)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I am also doing LCVP. May as well do it as you get to miss PE :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Roisina_

You don't miss PE in my school.. ever!! Are you using it for points?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 carnibell

I heard it's really hard to get a distinction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I got a Distinction in the mocks.

Key is get your portfolio perfect, and I mean perfect! Ask your teacher to check it for you and if there are ANY mistakes go and correct them, make sure your portfolio is as close to 100% as possible. I know little can be done about the Recorded Interview if you're nervous and jittery by nature but get the written portfolio perfect.

For the written exam the hard bit is to figure out how many points to give on in answer and how much to expand on them. If you're not sure then check the marking scheme. Also make sure the points you're giving are very different from one another. If they are similar then the examiner might only give you marks for one.
    Answer in bullet points! Bullet point > explanation underneath > example (if relevant).
    Learn your Enterprise Boards and all these places that give grants to companies, learn some Health&Safety regulations, how to do a SWOT analysis and be able to differentiate between skills & qualities! Also learn off the stuff written in your portfolio like Diary of Work Experience, you will be asked on that in the written.
    For Audio Visuals.. well.. just practice, practice, practice!

Oh and does anyone have any comments about the Case Study for this year? :P It's a bit different to the ones I'm used to but ah well.. What kind of questions do you think will be asked on it?

I got a distinction in the mocks too but I heard examiners mark it harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Sometimes for a specific question in the marking scheme there are points you must give to get the marks. They can be very random and there is no way of making sure whether the points you gave are the ones specified in the marking scheme. That way the marking can be harder, yes.

oh yeah and the case study. I dont know what to think of it yet haha

Advertisement