Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renegade Ops

Options
  • 18-09-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,203 ✭✭✭✭

giant bomb gave it
    5/5

just downloading it now, from what i read from user reviews its great fun GI Joe game , like the old desert strike games.

there is split screen, and also 4 player online coop. i doubt many of my friends on PSN will be getting it , so if anyone does get it for the PS3 my id is tl1979 .

its on the playstation store, for 12.99 i think, but 10 euro something for playstation plus subscribers.

there is a demo, but its the same size as the full game, and a hefty 2592mb download.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was just about to make this very same topic :D

A nice little game this. Like a HD version of the game Jackal meets Jungle Strike meets Just Cause. Made by the same guys who made Just Cause 2 (fantastic game) and uses the same Havoc engine. Its a dual stick shooter that to be honest doesnt do anything new for said genre, but does what it does, really really well.

Playing on Hardcore difficulty and it is actually quite hard. Enemys lead their shots so there is no avoiding damage whatsoever plus the fact they do alot more in Hardcore means you are gonna take a good bit o' damage. Thankfully the extra XP earned means you level up faster and a level up = A full life refill

Shame it will be lost among the slew of other big titles being released over the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Demo was great, i def be getting this soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was just about to download the demo when I copped it was two feckin' gigs! I'm fairly tight for space on the hard-drive at the moment, so I won't be test-driving this one just yet. How big is the full game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

deathrider wrote: »
    I was just about to download the demo when I copped it was two feckin' gigs! I'm fairly tight for space on the hard-drive at the moment, so I won't be test-driving this one just yet. How big is the full game?

It's the same, you download the full game when you download the demo and just buy the activation key to unlock it.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    It's the same, you download the full game when you download the demo and just buy the activation key to unlock it.

This makes now sense to me... What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

A trial version of a PSN/XBLA game is the full game, but without the license on your account to "unlock" the full games content, only the demo portion.

Really liked the demo, controls were spot on and could anticipate the 2 player mode being a good bit of fun.

... And with that, Deathrider's head melted and had to be mopped up off the floor.
    Still though, I'll try this one out once I get the space for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

deathrider wrote: »
    This makes now sense to me... What?

Sorry, should've been clearer. When you download the trial version you're actually downloading the full game with only part of the game playable. Once you buy the activation key, the full game opens up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might try the demo but at the moment I'm so bored of twin stick shooters. There's way too many of them and they are all the same. I doubt it will pull me off Radiant Silvergun.

Advertisement