Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op in Big 4

Options
  • 18-09-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Looks like I will be starting in Ernst and Youngs corporate tax department(Dublin) in January for 8 months. Has anyone here any experience of what it is like to work for them on co-op? what should I be expecting? what would the pay be like?

Also if anyone could give me some advice on any good places to stay close to Harcourt street. I was thinking someplace along the green luas line. I know a few poeple who will be in Dublin for the 8 months also so could rent a house. Has anyone any advise or tips on accomadation?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,433 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ranelagh would be the best place to stay if you can get a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

I did my Co-op in EY a good few years ago but in their Audit department. Treated us good enough. They arranged a couple of nights out but that was before the recession so I don't know what it is like now. They have a bad enough reputation for working their staff hard but in general people in tax don't work that much overtime so you should be fine.

EY is in a great location. Can live anywhere around Ranaleigh, Rathmines, Rathgar, city centre or grand canal dock and be within walking distance of work. Handier to be able to walk into work as saves you on luas fare but could live out further in Milltown or Sandyford and just get the Luas to the door. Take a look on Daft and it'll give you a good idea about whats around.

Advertisement