Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear of Heights

Options
  • 18-09-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I've always suffered from a fear of heights, but I'm just wondering if my phobia is a bit more than acrophobia.

I can't look at the sky for too long, especially if I'm standing because I get really scared. I can't watch balloons go up into the air, or watch fireworks because they're up so high in the air. The one thing I definitely can't do is lie on the ground and look up at the sky, it scares me so much!
    So I'd just like to know if these are just typical effects of acrophobia, or if they're not as common, or even if it is classed as another phobia altogether?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Did you try google?
    it is more accurately a spinning sensation that occurs when one is not actually spinning. It can be triggered by looking down from a high place, or by looking straight up at a high place or tall object,

Advertisement