Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WA M4 gbb

Options
  • 18-09-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Got a Wa m4 gbb a while back, needs a new hop, will it take co2 mags and are NAPS kits any good?
    Any advice would be a help lads cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

r0n0c wrote: »
    Got a Wa m4 gbb a while back, needs a new hop, will it take co2 mags and are NAPS kits any good?
    Any advice would be a help lads cheers

AFAIK, G&P were due (or have already) to release double-CO2-ampule STANAG mags for the WA platform. I'm not aware of any other CO2 mags available for the WA platform.

If you're looking for decent mags that are non-CO2, prowin mags are good. Just make sure you're getting the "revision 2" ones since they addressed a couple of issues with the originals (as good as they were anyway).

Also, yes NPAS kits are rather handy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Lemming wrote: »
    I'm not aware of any other CO2 mags available for the WA platform.

GHK do Co2 mags that work in the WA/AGM GBB's:)
    They fit perfectly and work well with no leaks or anything

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=3&manufacturerId=10&prodId=13605&cateId=0

GHK do Co2 mags that work in the WA/AGM GBB's:)
    They fit perfectly and work well with no leaks or anything

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=3&manufacturerId=10&prodId=13605&cateId=0

Do the GHK mags take one or two CO2 ampules out of curiosity. Hard to tell from the pictures.

Incidentally, the G&P CO2 mags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Do the GHK mags take one or two CO2 ampules out of curiosity. Hard to tell from the pictures.

1 capsule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Just one Co2,
    Those G&P ones seem to be out of stock everywhere
    http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/Airsoft-Magazine-Gas-Rifle-Magazine/c43_262/p5109/G&P-WA-M4-CO2-Magazine-(43rds)/product_info.html?osCsid=16d142cb9d2d2d63ae00fa80712ddc13

• Advertisement

I'm not actually sure if they've actually been released yet, as denoted by the 'Out' bit against the product details availability from G&P and the fact that they are listed in the 'Coming soon' section.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Cheers for the advice so far lads, NPASs kits allow you to vary the gas pressure AFAIK but what other advantages has it and which one do people think are the most value for money?

Right,new question.
    Can the stock/buffertube come off? If so, which way?
    According to the exploded view in the manual it can but I'm f**ked if I can get the bloody thing to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

same as the real steel, from about 2:40 onwards will give you the idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ulYJN6OCo

i have the tool but if you do not have one you can improvise i have done it with just my hands and also used an alen key and some needle nose pliers

Sorry for the necro thread bump but this project is back on the table.
    The bolt is not returning to the closed position under its own power, it'll get to a quarter to halfway. Anyone with any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Sorry for the necro thread bump but this project is back on the table.
    The bolt is not returning to the closed position under its own power, it'll get to a quarter to halfway. Anyone with any ideas?

does the bolt return ok when a mag is not present (release bolt catch but hold and move the charging handle so that you slowly let the bolt return to see if it catches at a certain point each time and try to figure what it could catching on due to friction.

Did you install an NPAS or third party bolt? (try filing the loading nozzle feed assist if it sticks out as this is the most common cause of high friction)
    225045.jpg
    If it does return ok with a mag not present then check to see if the bottom of the loading nozzle is catching on the mag outlet rubber as it tries to return.

You can also in addition try firing without the charging

I have a WA platform gbbr and have had a lot of experience trying to troubleshoot similar issues.

When I let the bolt forward under control it stops at halfway closed. When I let the cocking handle go from the full open position it'll stop about 5cm from the chamber. It has a Ratech NPS it installed and a 5KU bolt carrier.

Did you try without the mag in? Also without the charging handle in, this will help rule out part or parts of the bolt causing extra friction.

When the rifle is broken open can the bolt freely travel all the way to the chamber when dropped in?

If you are near Greystones I'd happily have a look for you as I enjoy working with gbbrs.

Tried with the mag out and without the charging handle, its the bolt getting stuck, under gravity it'll only slide in about a quarter, think I might have to break out the sandpaper.
    Cheers for the offer but I'm in Cork and I don't get to Dublin that often.

Tried with the mag out and without the charging handle, its the bolt getting stuck, under gravity it'll only slide in about a quarter, think I might have to break out the sandpaper.
    Cheers for the offer but I'm in Cork and I don't get to Dublin that often.
    Sounds like the loading nozzle assist that I posted a picture of before.
    Make sure that it is level with the rest of the bolt (completely flush) as that is most likely causing extra friction and stopping the bolts travel.

The loading nozzle assist seems to be completely flush, there is no signs of wear on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Check that the bolt carrier is able to slide over the buffer retention pin okay. That can become damaged or can be a case that the underside of the bolt is not making the right contact and catching on in and not depressing it to allow the bolt to retract into the buffer tube.

The loading nozzle assist seems to be completely flush, there is no signs of wear on it
    Ok, seems like the bolt at fault if it gets stuck even with the top receiver opened up and just dropped in as you said.
    You could try put some permanent marker or white board marker in rings around the bolt at various points along it like stripes and cycle the bolt forward and backward a good few times and see where wear appears on the bolt, post pictures if you can.
    Also do you have another bolt to try in the gun, how does that behave?

The buffer retention pin isn't causing any trouble, I'll try the permanent marker trick tomorrow. I don't have any other bolt unfortunately.

So I tried the marker trick and it seems the carrier is rubbing in three places.
    Along the bottom, at the top near the cocking piece and on one of the sides.
    Please ignore funky place mat...

• Advertisement
Advertisement