Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary School Bray for Boy

Options
  • 18-09-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Looking for advice on a secondary school in Bray for a boy. Pres is not an option as we were too late enrolling so we have a choice of St Thomas', St Killians or St Brendans although Brendans is quite far as we live near the Vevay Rd. I have heard good things about Brendans but nothing about the others. I would also like the option of skipping transition year, does anyone know if this is allowed in the three schools. So any advice or information would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

I went to St Kilians myself and fourth year is not an option anymore, I was the last year where it was a choice and was lucky to skip it. Also I wouldnt send my own children there. Its very rough and has gone downhill from what I hear.

Id stick with Brendans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

St. Brendan's... without a shadow of a doubt, given the other choices you've listed. If you live on the Vevay, I'm 99% sure he could get the 84 bus from the Vevay over towards Brendan's, and it only costs something like 60c or something for a schoolchild.

Killian's and Thomas's would not be ideal, IMO. They do have a rough element in there, but you do get that everywhere to an extent. But given the choice, I'd go with St. Brendan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

I would have to recommend Brendan's wholeheartedly.

My eldest went there. He basically made a mockery of the teachers etc but they tried to help 150% and never gave up I have nothing but good things to say about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 littlemaxi

My son goes to St Brendans.. and if you think vevay is far try Kilcoole!! He gets the 84 at 7.30 and is worth it in my opinion ( also its 6.50 for a 10 journey school ticket each week)
    Staff are lovely and v helpful, plus quite small approx 350 in whole school, so get to know the boys fairly quickly.
    Like you, i wouldnt have got him into Pres, but cant find any fault with Brendans.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭milosh

How big is the waiting list for Pres. It looks like an incredible school faclities wise although I have not seen the inside of the school building. My neighbours son is in 6th class and has been on their list since he was 7. My son is in 3rd class (on the list since September)and I was told I might be too late.

They run rugby teams for kids enrolled on Saturday mornings and the two or three teachers (with the help of parents and older students)that run it are wonderful. It gives the impression of a great school community and I would really like my son to go there. However if it unlikely, I need to start thinking about other schools.

• Advertisement
Advertisement