Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are you really offensive but hide it?

Options
  • 17-09-2011 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Like towards homosexual and people of different race? When you're with your friends do you feel more comfortable making disparaging remarks about the previously mentioned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

get out of here whiteboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

well im not a racist, but....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Wut you try'na say vanilla face?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,594 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Are your friends the Hitler Youth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

whiteboy wrote: »
    Like towards homosexual and people of different race? When you're with your friends do you feel more comfortable making disparaging remarks about the previously mentioned?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

This thread is going to end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

We make jokes about anyone and everything but theres never any malice or any seriousness about it. People are people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Naggers!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

im not racist i just f*cking hate everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Fúck Canadians!

That is all.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Fúck Canadians!

That is all.

I would if I could but the wife might object! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Biggins wrote: »
    I would if I could but the wife might object! ;)

It's the Chinese he's after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

Yeah whiteboy. Your views are fine. And everyone shares them. It's just you're the only one with the balls to call it as you see it. It's ok to hate people for no other reason than they are different from you in some ways. If only more people shared your courage to express such an enlightened and positive world view imagine the utopia that we would live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I prefer to insult people that I dont like.

Life's more fun that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Naggers!

Randy Marsh = legend

edit - Ill remove that as the foolish amongst us wont get the joke and will probably report me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I am not a racist. Racism is a crime and crimes are for black people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I don't really 'hide it' tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, I'm not a bigoted gob****e.

Jokes / *real* humour, that's a different matter. For example, one of my oldest friends is gay, and we spend hours slagging the hole off each other (I said s*l*agging, folks! :P). For that matter, most "gay" jokes I know I have heard from him.

There's a discernible difference in tone between tongue-in-cheek slagging / humour and actual bigotry.

• Advertisement

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    We make jokes about anyone and everything but theres never any malice or any seriousness about it. People are people.

David Icke might disagree! :pac:
    We are possible lizards! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I can't fupping stand people with 'b' in their names :mad: who do they think they are!??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No-one else is going to say it? Really? *sigh* Fine.

Fúck the French.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I definitely say things in my head that I wouldn't speak aloud. Not regarding race issues but other stuff where people would just think I'm a heartless bastard. And I am but there is no need for anyone to know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I'm not offensive at all. To be honest, I really haven't met that many offensive people. Plenty of ignorant ones, mind - they're f*cking everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

My friends and I often jibe each other about being gay (none of us are), we use all kinds of insults. We tell jokes that are totally un-PC, and we do it in the comfort of knowing that none of us are going to hell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

No, I'm not a bigoted gob****e.

Jokes / *real* humour, that's a different matter. For example, one of my oldest friends is gay, and we spend hours slagging the hole off each other (I said s*l*agging, folks! :P). For that matter, most "gay" jokes I know I have heard from him.

There's a discernible difference in tone between tongue-in-cheek slagging / humour and actual bigotry.

Hahah I misread that and was confused:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Im not racist but :D I have a really twisted sense of humor. to everyone i meet I am civil and respectful and treat you as I wish to be treated. Saying that i find racist jokes funny as hell be they black, chinese, mexican, handicapped, women whatever they are find it a hilarious commentry on the state of the world.
    So things get saucy when ive had a few beers and my social gaurd is down :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

To quote a line from Des Bishop's work experience show years ago, a taximan said to him "No no no, don't get me wrong I don't mind African people, it's de Nigerians"

Advertisement