Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor & Emobile

Options
  • 17-09-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

i was with Meteor for the last 5 yrs and had some serious problems 2-3 months when i wanted to delete 2 numbers from my account. Eventually with all the usual crap i managed to get rid of the numbers and just have one number. So yesterday, i go to get a smart phone, knowing what all the companies are like i decide to go with emobile , as they were the cheapest, and i dont think paying vodafone or O2 more will get me any better customer care . That was 11am yesterday and they still havent managed to port my number across to emobile . I was told in CPW that porting wpuld take 2-3 hours. i rang at 15.40 yesterday to be told that there had been no request to have my number ported, so they would do it straight away . 20 minutes ago, i was told that it had been rejected and would be done now. Apparently when their system rejects a porting, they know nothing about it, and unless we ring them and tell them, they still wouldnt know anything about it . The minimum wage dope i was speaking to got upset when i remarked that the incompetence that which is endemic in Meteor carries across to Emobile too . What a company . Deep breaths and count to 10,000 !!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Calling staff minimum wage dopes is uncalled for and won't get you any sympathy in mobiles & pdas

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

AFAIK the number porting operation and weekends dont get along..

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

If your account has or had more than 2 numbers on it it is considered multiline.

Multiline ports don't complete until the next business day, so in this case it won't complete till Monday.

And for the record, EMOBILE and Meteor customer care are the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lehe8707

vicM wrote: »
    AFAIK the number porting operation and weekends dont get along..

Weekend porting for single line is 12-4pm. All networks

Advertisement