Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro Tracking from Apple Online Store

Options
  • 17-09-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭

I ordered a MacBook Pro last Tuesday from the online store but it was a Built to Order model so took 3 days to ship. I got the shipping confirmation yesterday morning (Friday) so went into my account on apple. However because I got a free university gift card with it it's shipping as a double order. And merging in England. No tracking info till it gets to England.

When I ordered my Mac Mini a few months back the keyboard and mouse came separate so was the same situation but I was still able to track the mini's movement through some oversea's shipping company. Until it reached Tamworth and I could track it through UPS.

I think now with the Apple Account section updated there's less info than last time. I'm not sure. Does anyone know how I'd be able to track it in the meantime?

Or even can anyone tell me how many working days it normally takes from the day it ships till the day it arrives.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

My BTO took about a week to get to me. I don't remember at what point I was able to track it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i tracked mine and it it wasnt accurate , i got it within a week of ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Thanks for the shipping time. I'm hoping it's only a week and gets to me by this Friday coming. Don't fancy waiting the weekend to get it.

Anyway after a bit more searching around I found the site I used last time. Your able to track any BTO (Built to Order) or CTO (Configure to Order) Mac's through this site Kuehne+Nagel.

You can do it through the track section on the right. Change the drop-down menu to H/AWB No. However I'm not sure which number you paste in to track. It's probably the delivery reference number you get when clicking track shipment on the Apple Account page. (K+N site is down for maintenance at the moment so I can't try the numbers myself. Will update with the exact steps once their site is back up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

You can't track the order accurately until it's all arrived into Rotterdam or London, especially if it's a MTO model. Upon shipping from China to Europe, it's assembled as a complete order (Ok Apple, we know you mean packed) and forwarded into the hands of the courier company. Once they have it you will be notified and you can expect it within 48 hours.

The ETA given are always over generous; I had a 8 day ETA made on a Friday arrive to me on a Tuesday AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I ordered mine on the 13th and they've given me an expected delivery date of the 29th. 17 days seems a long oul time alright. I was hoping it would be shipped to me before the weekend. It makes it around 8 days to ship and 3 to be built. Hope I'm not waiting till Monday or Tuesday!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Standard mac Mini ordered 5pm Friday with assorted cables. Shipped from Nuneaton in the UK Monday, attempted delivery Tuesday but I was out via TNT. Good service.

Advertisement