Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My second ecig review - Ramiya R2-750

Options
  • 16-09-2011 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I got this one about a 6 weeks ago from thebestshop.eu. As with my previous review, i received the goods free of charge with a view to providing the supplier with some feedback - good , bad or indifferent. I have no commercial interest whatsoever in thebestshop.eu.

Well, the packaging was seriously impressive to start with! A monster box with full kit. Whilst I love the wrapping, I suspect the supplier disagrees with me due to postage costs! Pics to follow but it opens up like a layered jewellry box and in my case came with 750mah battery, 2 x Ramiya t-atomisers, Ramiya cone ( slightly "fatter" than Ego cone), eliquids (including a chocolate cherry flavour which is strangely good) , t cartridges, RTM cartridges x 5 (the ones with a small bit of filling but which hold a large amount of liquid about 1.2 mls)

Ramiya are Korean and this is effectively designed as an upgrade Ego/Tornado with 510 connectors as you might expect. It has several pretty cool features such as LCD display showing remaining battery life, on/off, inhalation count monitor.

The battery is slightly bigger than the standard Ego/Tornado 650 and it just marginally "fatter" by millimetres.

First impressions were that it looked great and it has a real quality feel to it.

During the last six weeks, I tried to use it as my main ecig and the battery life has been great . It lasts most of the day and i vape pretty heavy. The one thing that helps this is the cut off (there are built in temp sensors) In fact the cut-off is about 7 seconds on average and for me this is one of the downsides of this piece. Personally I like a long throaty drag and you dont really get that type of vape with this machine. Its more of a smooth small drag design. The inhalation counter is really a bit of a diversion because it resets if you inhale for longer than the time it takes to cut off!

Having said that I really love it but i didn't really think the atomisers were that good (despite the fact that they seem to come with a warranty?!) i resorted to ordering more Ego atomisers and things improved immensely although i am still getting used to the cut off kicking in earlier than I would like.

The finish on the parts is absolutely superb. It has a really nice balance to it and just oozes with the feel of luxury!:cool: Everything fits together seamlessly.

Thebestshop also sent me some cartomisers but maybe I am a complete clutz because they just dont seem to work that great for me personally. I think the whole syringe thing is just a bit much for me! :P

As with the last ecig I tested, this has been enough to stall my order for a Provari and I think that speaks volumes. i think I have actually changed my vaping habits a little in that I take a few drags, then break, then start again and I find the whole thing very good overall. I use mostly RY4 and the flavour come through in spades.

I'm not sure if it will appeal to those looking for a real "kick" from their vaping but i have used it almost continuously (bar charging time when i have used my 3,7 mod or good old trusty Tornado) and I expect it to continue as my new main e-cig for the time being.

I'll have a few pics up during the week showing box, kit and comparison in size with Tornado etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I have also tried this e-cig courtesy of thebestshop.eu and while I agree with you about the presentation and the look of the e-cig I would not recommend vapers to buy this for the following reasons:

1) The cartridge is a hybrid of the tank and a regular atomizer. In other words the tank is similiar to a 510-t with no cap on the end but a tiny bit of filler. This is messy to fill and using the provided plastic tweezers to pull the filler out when filling is cumbersome and the chances are liquid is going to end up on your hands. I dont understand what the point is?

2)If you hold the button too long to get any sort of a decent vape the counter on the lcd will reset, and trust me you will need to hold the button longer to get any sort of a throat hit. The counter will only tell you how many puffs you have had instead of puffs available on the charge of the battery.

3)Burnt taste/Wierd taste..again probably to do with this tiny bit of filler, it was present with the two atomizers Ive tried.

4)You will not get a throat hit unless you use 36mg and even at that the experience is feeble, there is simply no kick!

Its been a bit of time since this was sent out to me but I can honestly say that this is not worth the money no matter how its presented. There is a new generation of e-cigs on the horizon (cheap vv mods such as lavatube) that have more features with a decent price tag. For people even starting out I couldnt recommend as the ego-t is a better solution for all its faults.

I know the guys at thebestshop are doing their best to give us a better local option and they do well with the quality and selection of product and fair play to them, but this is one I cant honestly give a good review on but hey with the amount of new stuff coming out these days there are always goin to be a few bogeys!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I would also like free stuff please thebestshop!

It's not up on their site yet - what's it expected to go for? I do like the idea of the longer battery life; I'm getting through 2 tornado battery charges a day, though between the mains charger at home, and the USB one at work, I've not been caught out yet.

Also, if it has the same connectors, can it work with the mega cartridges? I've got some for my tornado and I think they're great. I wouldn't want to go back to fiddly ways to refilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Eoin wrote: »
    I would also like free stuff please thebestshop!

It's not up on their site yet - what's it expected to go for? I do like the idea of the longer battery life; I'm getting through 2 tornado battery charges a day, though between the mains charger at home, and the USB one at work, I've not been caught out yet.

Also, if it has the same connectors, can it work with the mega cartridges? I've got some for my tornado and I think they're great. I wouldn't want to go back to fiddly ways to refilling.

If your interested in longer battery life this is not for you as it comes with a 750mah battery, if your looking for more consider getting a higher mah rated battery

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Totally agree with @wingnut32 about R2-750 (I also have one) but this works better http://www.thebestshop.eu/batteries/ego-lcd-battery/prod_209.html
    It is still not perfect because I have to press the button to see anything on the display. R2-750 has a 3 second delay before the display goes off but this does not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

These particular LCD batteries that Bestshop are selling are also unregulated and run at a slightly higher voltage than the original Joytech versions.
    You'll get a slightly better kick off them.

Nothing beats the 1000mah original Ego batteries - the charge lasts and lasts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

These particular LCD batteries that Bestshop are selling are also unregulated and run at a slightly higher voltage than the original Joytech versions.
    4.2 v at the start and so on.....
    One i've got has sort a of protection..... Won't take any atty with resistance lower then 1.65 ohm.....Wouldn't recommend it for LR ....

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

The 1300mah Ego knock off batteries don't work with anything LR either.
    As with all unregulated batteries, they're no good at the end of their charge - 3.2, 3.0 volt.

Advertisement