Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you get a credit card with a zero limit

Options
  • 16-09-2011 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Just wondering if it is possible to get a credit card without any credit as such. i.e. i just need the use of a credit card for paying online etc but dont expect the bank to give our new business any credit at the minute. but i would happily lodge a few grand on to credit card just to have the use of one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭GSF

you can get a prepaid card like moneybookers.com provide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Just open a current account with Ulster Bank and you'll get a Visa Debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

either get a prepaid card, or talk to your bank about a credit card that you pay off in full every month (so you won't actually use the 'credit' facility as such, and you won't incur any interest) - they shouldn't have a problem with that (although your limit may be lower since you can only spend what you earn, realistically).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

American Express, its not a credit card as such. You have to pay it every month in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

In order of (my) preference:

1. Visa Debit card on a current account (Ulsterbank, PTSB, others soon).
    2. American Express aka Amex. It's a "charge card", so they extend you credit for a month but you have to pay if off in FULL every month
    3. Prepay Mastercard

IMHO? Visa Debit and save yourself the grief and expense

• Advertisement
Advertisement