Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Dublin area

Options
  • 16-09-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I manage a team of 10 people and I would like to take them out for fishing.

I am looking for a place near Dublin where I can rent rods and keep the fish that's been cought, so that we can have a barbecue later with a few drinks and fish. Preferrably float fishing or spinning as it would take some time to learn fly fishing.

Thanks,
    Alex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Anyone?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Don't take this up wrong .... it's meant to answer your question.

You mentioned numbers of strangers, killing fish, bankside fires/cooking and drink all in one sentence.
    So you unintentionally ticked most of the boxes that describes the vandals who destroy fishing, leave litter, drink cans and broken glass bottles that cuts the feet of children paddling in watery shallows, and by their activities get access to fishing water via private land closed down by landowners.

Nobody in their right mind who cares for and protects the fish they fish for, or wants their place to stay looking clean wants these activities going on in their place of leisure.
    And that's why you got no replies. :)

Given your requirement for all methods, I suggest that you contact the National Disabled Angling Facility, Aughrim, Co Wicklow
    http://www.discoverireland.ie/Activities-Adventure/national-disabled-angling-park-bowling-green/71306
    They should be able to provide everything you need.

Alternatively it might not be too late in the season for mackerel, so you might rent a boat and go mackerel fishing in the sea near to Dublin. Boats can be hired at Bullock harbour, Dalkey. Maybe they do rods too, but handlines and feathers work with mackerel, and are cheap and easy.

A third way: Deep sea fishing trips from Howth might get your group into some bigger fish.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭con___manx1

the lake in aughrim is stocked with rainbow trout u can hire rods there and buy bait.it would be an ideal place for you and your crew to go on a work day out.the only methods you can use are float fishing with worm sweetcorn or prawns or flyfishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

There's a fishery in Annamoe too, not sure if it's fluff chucking only or whether they allow other methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Rathbeggan lakes close to Dublin in co Meath, ticks all your boxs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Miamiheat

Contact Skipper David Doyle for a sea fishing trip.
    he can take 10 people and may even cook you something on the boat :)
    i have a fishing group and went out 3 times with him in the last 2 months: all good experiences. He can provide rods although make sure you tell him you need that many rods.
    goods luck
    his number is 085 813 5193

Advertisement