Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Nursing in Trinity or ucd?

Options
  • 16-09-2011 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hey guys, I am a 1st year student and have been studying general nursing in UCD for the past week. Yesterday I got a phone call from Trinity college offering me a place doing the same course (General Nursing). I'm just wonder how they both compare for studying nursing? Any help is greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mertlemac

I asked my GP re nursing and I'm in 2nd yr UCD-he said Mater best training by far for nurse as far better range of experiences than any other hospital- stick with the UCD course AND good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kiddd94

Hey , I'm a 6th year student and I want to do Nursing in college if I get the points ? Can any current Nursing students tell me a bit about the course ? Also , are there many males on the course ? I went to a Nursing presentation a few months and I was the only fella there ! :P Not that it would put me off just curious ? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I'm a JF General Nursing Student in Trinity, feel free to PM me any questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭CJTobin

I'm not really in a position to advise on the courses themselves, but I've heard that the associated hospitals are just as important, if not moreso, in making your decision as the university itself.

Make sure its practical for you to access the relevent hospital for the course in each university before you make your final decision, and don't hesitate to contact the hospitals themselves for information regarding their resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭frecklier

At a guess, there's around 30 guys in first year nursing in Trinity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement