Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monty Hall's Roundstone

Options
  • 16-09-2011 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Anybody watching this?The place looks lovely. I have a book translated from Irish, the Shores of Connemara, which tells all about the place a hundred years ago. Hall does go on about whales and sharks a bit much, tho'. The hog roast looked great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Yeah its a good program. Ive been out to Roundstone quite a few times. Lovely place alright. There are some lovely beaches out there too, dogs bay & gurteen bay.
    He is working for the Irish whale and dolphin group, so thats probably why he concentrates on the whales and sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what a great series (bord failte must be delighted)

and what a lovely chap Monty is, absolute gent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

bord failte must be rubbing their hands in glee over this; if they had any sense, they'd secure the rights for RTE too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 slyclone

Don't believe this novice oarsman could row 24 miles from inish mor to roundstone,probably left aran in a curragh and arrived in roundstone in one some hours later,its the piece inbetween i have trouble with. Otherwise a very enjoyable program.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

I didn't think it was a proper curragh.
    I reckon he did the journey tho'. No doubt about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 slyclone

it was definately a proper curragh,just a novice oarsman,it would take someone with years of experience to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ronman

brilliant show, montys a legend, has a real gift of making u interested in what he is doing even when its the most simple stuff but not obsessed with talking about himself like most irish presenters doing wildlife shows. he is a former royal marine and is build like a tank, theres no doubt in my nind that he did the full trek. great series sad that its over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

bord failte must be rubbing their hands in glee over this; if they had any sense, they'd secure the rights for RTE too.

RTE 2 tonight at 17:50. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

slyclone wrote: »
    it was definately a proper curragh,just a novice oarsman,it would take someone with years of experience to do this.

he did do it, he got help along the way there were locals guiding him

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I went swimming with that dolphin "Dusty" in Fanore a few years back. She (or he) tried to push a young girl under the water. Terrified her. We all had snorkling gear and were diving down under the water. The young girl was staying at the top but the dpplphin tried to jump up on her and push her down under. It didn't look like she was trying to hurt her. She wasn't aggressive or anything, but she could have drowned the girl.
    So yes, wild dolphins are dangerous..

Great programme. Is the weather that good in Mayo / Galway.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

cant believe he didnt know the difference between a rook and a jackdaw!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

pakalasa wrote: »
    Great programme. Is the weather that good in Mayo / Galway.:D
    unsurprisingly, it was filmed in summer 2010, not 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ThelotusKid

There is something very genuine about the host of this show - really refreshing.

Advertisement