Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats to Lancashire

Options
  • 16-09-2011 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

First time in a very very long time, delighted for my chosen county in English county cricket, hasnt happened in my lifetime or my fathers :) the last days excitement was excellent!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The fact they have done it with such a small squad, and when the club financially was not too hot is a credit to the players and coach.
    Delighted they beat Warks. to the title.

Another nearly year for my team in Div. 2. Northants blew up after the T 20 no show, and let the 2 London glory boy teams pip us at the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

That second innings effort to win it was magnificent. To get 7 an over in a first class match for any length of time is difficult to say the least.

Well done Lancs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Boo, I thought Warks had it in the bag, and without Bell & Trott all season as well. Well done Lancs though - amazing they've not been champs for so long [URL="javascript:emoticon(':applause:')"]clap.gif[/URL][URL="javascript:emoticon(':applause:')"]clap.gif[/URL]

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Congrats Lancs

At least my chosen team, Somerset, were involved again in the final day shake-up..in a different way this time:)

Advertisement